Crunch leather in the rain?

Fendi84NJ

purselove
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
Can I bring my crunch leather out in the rain?

I feel like I can get away with it because of the glossy nature. I think I did it once in light rain and was fine.

Anyone have any experience with this?

It should be fine since your bag is new and still has the waxy coating. I'd just be concerned once it wears in though because then the leather will absorb the rain easier since the coating wears off and the leather is more exposed. If you have spray, I'd coat it just in case. Doesn't hurt. I spray all of my bags since it takes no time at all and better safe then sorry with any leather bag, it is better to exercise caution.

I wanted to add I'm more comfortable wearing a tano then any other brand in bad weather like snow or rain! :smile: For the price, it doesn't really hurt. Tano gets distressed anyway so it sort of blends in if anything does happen. Tano is the type of brand that doesn't look as bad as ruining an $800 bag. I'm not really afraid of exercising too much caution with Tano since it is my ultimate bang around bag. Scratches and dings just add to its' character.

I just have a habit of spraying my bags regardless of the finish though lol

Oh great question, it's awesome to hear how well they stand up to the weather and to have a reminder to spray tano just as a precaution! Thanks ladies, you rock!

I try to NEVER carry my Tanos (or any other leather bag) when it's going to rain. And so far (knock on wood) I've gotten lucky and haven't gotten caught in a sudden storm.

Ive never had a problem with raindrops. Hell, Ive even spilled coffee on my crunch bags and then wiped them clean with an almost wet cloth and let them air dry.

I am NOT by any means implying that your crunch leather bag will be impervious to water stains, though! All hides are different and this is not a "waterproof" leather by any means.

Note that some stains (like ink and oil) will not come out of crunch leather (or any other type of leather for that matter.)

Last edited: