cruise advice

mmerchant

has Baby & LV Fever
Aug 15, 2012
I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried doing a search, but I'm on my phone, and that doesn't work very well.

DH and I are planning to expand our family soon, and before we do, we want to go on a last vacation just the two of us. I don't see us taking many vacations with two kids in tow.

We're debating a two week cruise. Are cruises safe to take bags on? I'd be leaving LV's in our room when we're at each port. I wasn't sure how safe it was on a cruise? Can you get insurance on your room? Or is it like a hotel room, you have to trust no one will go in and take things? Can you put up the no service sign to keep people out of your room? I like to assume most people in this world are good people. But you never know. I had a necklace go missing from a hotel room before. The hotel said they were not responsible for it. So I was SOL!

Anyone have any negative experiences? Sorry for all the questions. I guess I could just hide them in my room lol.

Thanks y'all!

I've been on one cruise, and my room was like a hotel room where we had an access card. I would take one purse and one evening bag to be safe. Hide the evening bag in your suitcase and keep the purse on you!

The boat I went on had an in-room safe. I would say you don't need to bring much and nothing overly large. I would suggest bringing a lot of $1 bils, you never know who you wanna tip through out the day. Servers, bartenders, etc.

I've never had any problems w my bags. But if you really want to be safe you can put your nicer bags in your bigger luggage. But I wouldn't worry about it. You would have 1-2 assigned room cleaners. So if anything happens you would know who to go too.

I apologize if this has been asked before. I tried doing a search, but I'm on my phone, and that doesn't work very well.

DH and I are planning to expand our family soon, and before we do, we want to go on a last vacation just the two of us. I don't see us taking many vacations with two kids in tow.

We're debating a two week cruise. Are cruises safe to take bags on? I'd be leaving LV's in our room when we're at each port. I wasn't sure how safe it was on a cruise? Can you get insurance on your room? Or is it like a hotel room, you have to trust no one will go in and take things? Can you put up the no service sign to keep people out of your room? I like to assume most people in this world are good people. But you never know. I had a necklace go missing from a hotel room before. The hotel said they were not responsible for it. So I was SOL!

Anyone have any negative experiences? Sorry for all the questions. I guess I could just hide them in my room lol.

Thanks y'all!

I always lock up jewelry, charge cards, passports, etc in the room safe if I'm going to be out. I always took cheap bags but decided to relax the last time I went and brought a nice Coach bag. I left it in the room several times, with my wallet inside, and had no problem. Left jewelry on the vanity by mistake another night, it was fine. I think, generally, the room attendants won't rob you. Just be smart and don't temp date.

Also, on my FIRST Carnival cruise my brand new Gucci sunglasses, in their case, fell out of my bag during a show and I didn't notice they were missing until the next day. I was horrified and went right to the service desk. Low and behold, the case was a little messed up because the cleaning crew ran it over with a vacuum!, but they turned it in and my sunglasses were fine. Very honest.

Alternately, my Juicy Couture bracelet fell off God knows where on my last cruise, and I never saw it again. But I'm sure another vacationer found it and took it home! Not the crew.

Good luck!

Last cruise I took MC Kate, Neverfull, pochette keepall and Chanel timeless - all were safe and fabulous. I've never had a problem. Enjoy and be fabulous.

I just went on a cruise, all you really need is an evening bag, a small cross body, and a tote. Our room had a really small, like tiny, safe with a a code you set. I would say lock your extra bags in your suitcase and put that in the bottom of your closet. Also, unpacking first thing was the best thing we did. Take extra hangers too! And a power strip and extension cord.

Which cruise line?

Oh, your room attendant comes and goes several times a day. They work for tips that you give at the end of the cruise, so of course they have a reason to not take your things, but it's really nice to have a straightened up bed and cleaned bathroom in such a tiny space. You can put the do not disturb door thing out

I just went on a cruise, all you really need is an evening bag, a small cross body, and a tote. Our room had a really small, like tiny, safe with a a code you set. I would say lock your extra bags in your suitcase and put that in the bottom of your closet. Also, unpacking first thing was the best thing we did. Take extra hangers too! And a power strip and extension cord.

Which cruise line?

We haven't made a definite decision yet. We are leaning towards Celebrity. We'd like to go more towards Panama, Belize, and Costa Rica rather than the Virgin Islands or Bahamas. But really, we don't know lol. We're cruising newbs! We just know once we have another baby, I'd have to be with it exclusively for a year while I nurse. So a vacation with two little ones is unlikely.

We're definitely open to suggestions and pros and cons.

Out of my current collection, I'd probably only take my Favorite, cles, and wallet. I would probably never take my LV off the ship when we are docked. My DH and I plan to do a lot of hiking, zip lining, snorkelling etc. where carrying less is better. So I'd hate to drag all my bags onto the ship.

We haven't made a definite decision yet. We are leaning towards Celebrity. We'd like to go more towards Panama, Belize, and Costa Rica rather than the Virgin Islands or Bahamas. But really, we don't know lol. We're cruising newbs! We just know once we have another baby, I'd have to be with it exclusively for a year while I nurse. So a vacation with two little ones is unlikely.

We're definitely open to suggestions and pros and cons.

Out of my current collection, I'd probably only take my Favorite, cles, and wallet. I would probably never take my LV off the ship when we are docked. My DH and I plan to do a lot of hiking, zip lining, snorkelling etc. where carrying less is better. So I'd hate to drag all my bags onto the ship.

We went on a Royal Carribean cruise, it was great, I would totally recommend them for cruising without kids! We stopped in Roatan (amazing! If you end up there I have a tour guide recommendation), Belize (kinda scary, stick to the beach or snorkeling), and Cozumel.

I think the Favorite would be perfect! All I had at the time was a small black Coach crossbody because I didn't have a LV at the time.

I've been on several cruises and you don't really need a bag on the ship, unless you want a small one for personal necessities. On shore stops, take a light weight backpack for water bottles, beach towels, your wallet, passport, sunscreen, etc! There is much cruising advice and info on the boards at cruisecritic.com

I have been on several cruises and I never have any issues with bringing my LVs. I carry my NF onboard and it stays in the room all the time. However, I do keep valuable items such as wallet, passports, etc in the safe provided. Onboard, apart from my room access card, I don't carry anything with me as it is not necessary. During shore days, depending where we are, I would either carry my NF or eva.

Yes it's safe ! I'd use to work on
a international cruise ship and
big company like Princess cruises ;)
way before my hubby snatched me lol

It's safe and I recommend if you're still
not comfortable . You can ask PURSER
DESK to have it keep for you ! Don't bring
all your collection tho. Lol

Bring a nice CLUTCH for welcome & farewell
Party and a versatile bag ( cross body )
for shopping and tour ashore !!!

Hope this help my friend !!!!!
Have fun and get that bad boy !!! Hahaha