Cruise 2017 Collection Bag in Geranium

tenKrat

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
Last weekend, DH and I went to my local store to check out the new colors. My SA showed me four Cabats: black with a subtle metallic treatment; Canard; Barolo; and Vesuvio. They were all beautiful, but none grabbed my heart. (I do hope to get a Cabat someday.)

Then my SA showed me a runway bag from the Cruise 2017 collection. DH said he really liked it (whaaaatt?!), so he bought it for me.

Here's the sweet surprise from my best friend---she has no name,
just "shoulder bag" in Geranium intrecciato nappa.
IMG_1494562153.916448.jpg
IMG_1494562187.501201.jpg

That's an interesting looking bag. It has a little bit of a Monaco Bag vibe to it but not quite, you know?
I like the detailing on the front, did your SA mention what it was called?
Congrats, it's very pretty and feminine! :flowers:

Reactions: tenKrat
Found it! (lol). Apparently they're calling it "scales details" :huh:
Per BV: The design is embellished by a unique 3D geometric pattern highlighting the front flap and contrasting painted edges.

Reactions: chloebagfreak
That's an interesting looking bag. It has a little bit of a Monaco Bag vibe to it but not quite, you know?
I like the detailing on the front, did your SA mention what it was called?
Congrats, it's very pretty and feminine! :flowers:

Thank you! Yes, this bag looks like a cousin to the Monaco. My SA told me she figured that I would like this bag when it came in because I have a Monaco. She knows what I like.

I see that you already found out what technique was used to make the little flaps! Where do you find that information, I want to know?!

Yes, it's the "scales" technique. The leather is laser cut. There is black leather underneath to create contrast.
IMG_1494566456.620682.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you! Yes, this bag looks like a cousin to the Monaco. My SA told me she figured that I would like this bag when it came in because I have a Monaco. She knows what I like.

I see that you already found out what technique was used to make the little flaps! Where do you find that information, I want to know?!

Yes, it's the "scales" technique. The leather is laser cut. There is black leather underneath to create contrast.
View attachment 3696302
I don't even know how I found it. I searched the BV site and - nothing! So I used my special Google powers and typed in Bottega Veneta Geranium and this popped up in the images.
* I remembered you had the Monaco Bag - is it Canard? (I think you were the first to reveal one on the forum)

image.png

Lucky you! What a nice gift! The geranium color is so cheerful, and the black-accented detailing is really special. I like the contrast of the smooth leather on sides and back, too. Enjoy! Thanks for the photos!

Reactions: tenKrat