Cruise 2017 Collection Bag in Geranium

1. Last weekend, DH and I went to my local store to check out the new colors. My SA showed me four Cabats: black with a subtle metallic treatment; Canard; Barolo; and Vesuvio. They were all beautiful, but none grabbed my heart. (I do hope to get a Cabat someday.)

Then my SA showed me a runway bag from the Cruise 2017 collection. DH said he really liked it (whaaaatt?!), so he bought it for me.

Here's the sweet surprise from my best friend---she has no name,
    just "shoulder bag" in Geranium intrecciato nappa.
    IMG_1494562153.916448.jpg
    IMG_1494562187.501201.jpg

2. More pics:
    IMG_1494562799.414242.jpg IMG_1494562811.237359.jpg IMG_1494562821.271689.jpg

I love this Geranium color.

3. That's an interesting looking bag. It has a little bit of a Monaco Bag vibe to it but not quite, you know?
    I like the detailing on the front, did your SA mention what it was called?
    Congrats, it's very pretty and feminine! :flowers:

tenKrat likes this.
  4. tenKrat likes this.
  5. Found it! (lol). Apparently they're calling it "scales details" :huh:
    Per BV: The design is embellished by a unique 3D geometric pattern highlighting the front flap and contrasting painted edges.

6. #6 May 12, 2017
    Last edited: May 12, 2017
    Thank you! Yes, this bag looks like a cousin to the Monaco. My SA told me she figured that I would like this bag when it came in because I have a Monaco. She knows what I like.

I see that you already found out what technique was used to make the little flaps! Where do you find that information, I want to know?!

Yes, it's the "scales" technique. The leather is laser cut. There is black leather underneath to create contrast.
    IMG_1494566456.620682.jpg

ksuromax likes this.
  7. Thank you!

8. Here's a better pic to show that there is actually black leather underneath, no painted edges.
    IMG_1494566931.445985.jpg

ksuromax likes this.
  9. I just flipped all the flaps up because I like the 3D effect, but most have already flopped down.
    IMG_1494567561.925709.jpg

10. I don't even know how I found it. I searched the BV site and - nothing! So I used my special Google powers and typed in Bottega Veneta Geranium and this popped up in the images.
    * I remembered you had the Monaco Bag - is it Canard? (I think you were the first to reveal one on the forum)

image.png

ksuromax likes this.
  11. The "scales" are so unique, makes the bag an art piece. The color complements your dress perfectly. I think it is really nice that your SA knows your preferences.

tenKrat and diane278 like this.
  12. Very cute bag --- the scales are intriguing and the shape is unique! Congrats!

tenKrat likes this.
  13. Lucky you! What a nice gift! The geranium color is so cheerful, and the black-accented detailing is really special. I like the contrast of the smooth leather on sides and back, too. Enjoy! Thanks for the photos!

tenKrat likes this.
  14. I think it's super cute and girlie and sophisticated at the same time. I love how BV does that! A very nice acquisition!

frenziedhandbag and tenKrat like this.
  15. Thank you!
    The shape caught my eye first.