Cruise 2013 Party - Bottle Purse at Beverly Hills Boutique

stylemechanel

Dec 29, 2012
Last night my wonderful and fabulous SA insisted I attend the Cruise 2013 Party in Beverly Hills at the boutique. There was music, drinks, food and all things Chanel. It was a little too loud and chaotic for me last night last so I only stayed an hour. But the clothes are beautiful, there are some amazing shoes coming out and I don't think there was a purse I did not like.

The best part about it was I got to see my Chanel No. 5 Bottle purse. Many of you know that I have been debating the clear one or the black. I had firmly decided on the clear one, that was until last night when I could see them in person. The clear one is really pretty and I think iconic but it can also disappear. Because it is so clean and the Lucite so perfect you can see right through it - as if it isn't even there. You could also see everything you have in it. In the display case Chanel showed the option of putting the chain in the purse and carrying it like a clutch. I thought that made it even more confusing - all I kept doing was looking at the jumbled chain with leather curled up in the purse. The black one on the other hand is stunning. It looks more classic and timeless. My biggest regret is that both purses were in the display case and they were not coming out. The picture was the best I could do (so sorry TPFers - I was so disappointed too). Plus they had wrapped it with pearls which made it even harder to see. I asked if they could take it out of the case and they said they could not. I asked how heavy it was and they said it was not heavy at all. My biggest complaint with the globe purse that I bought recently is that it is heavy, I am not sure I would wear it because of its weight. Previously looking at the bottle purse in photos I thought all the hard angles on the bottle purse might catch on fragile clothing. I don't think that will happen at all. I think Chanel did a spectacular job of designing this purse and making it function beautifully as well. It is bigger than I expected and can easily hold a cell phone, credit cards, a lipstick and cash. I am looking forward to seeing the globe purse and the bottle purse side by side.

As I said I only stayed an hour, and by the time I was ready to go we went back to look (swoon really) at the bottle purses one more time. They had been removed from their case. They were all spoken for at the boutique and I was lucky enough to get my name on the list for the black one. If you are looking for this purse please start calling your SA's.

My SA showed me all the clothing, shoes, and told me the story behind this line. There is a lot of navy, red, white and black. The cardigans are so cozy and really feel luxurious. I think there is a lot of cashmere in this line. There is certainly a lot of lace and silk.

I only took a few pictures but it does give you an idea of what is coming - sorry for the quality of the photos I have an old cell phone. There was one navy boy bag in particular that I really was intrigued by and it is already in the stores. It is a true navy, with a gold and red leather trim strap. The clasp is a real red tone - not so bright and orangey as it seems in the photo. I loved the inside it was roomy enough for my cell phone, wallet, lipstick, and keys.

This is such a beautiful collection.

Attachments

• cruise 2013 2014.jpg
    cruise 2013 2014.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 2,357
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 2,614
  • 033.jpg
    033.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 2,257
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 2,247
Hi Cdinh, the one I tried on Is a medium, but it was very roomy. I think it was about $4,300. They did not have it in a bigger size at the boutique . It comes in a red version too.

Thanks for sharing your experience as well as the pictures.

I love gold therefore I like the black perfum bottle bag better. I also scared of scratches and the clear one would definitely show.

I love the ballet flats! did you try them on? I am a size 10 (40 in gucci) but have heard chanel run small. I'm thinking of ordering and having them mailed to me but not sure what size to get? Any advice - should i go with a 41?

Hi sluvschanel,
I have two pairs of the espadrilles - one pair all leather the other mesh that I purchased last spring. They both ran very small and I had to buy a full size up and even with that they were tight until I really broke them in. I should have asked last night about sizing, I'm sorry I didn't. As much as I love Chanel i wish it had been more conducive to shopping than it was.

Thanks for sharing your experience as well as the pictures.

I love gold therefore I like the black perfum bottle bag better. I also scared of scratches and the clear one would definitely show.

Hi hsiaomee, if you love the clear one do not worry about scratches. I have the Chanel cassette tape purse from 2004. It is clear and I have never noticed any scratches on it - and I do use it. I baby my purses at home but I don't when I am out - that would be too much to worry about for me.

Thank you for the pictures. I see gold hardware. YAY! Did they happen to say anything about the red and navy having gold hardware? TIA

Hello impulsive,

There was so much gold hardware. My SA said it was really big this year and I'd say 90% of what I saw last night was gold. My SA is telling me to buy gold this year that it will one of the colors for Chanel when it comes to purses. I did see it in red, just as pretty but I learn toward the navy. Good luck!