Cruise 2008 HeadBands

i love it, claudia shchiffer was wearing it in the catalogue i got at home, and at the time it hought maybe they got creative and used a belt as a headbnad, i had no idea it actually is a headband, it is gorgeous!!!!

I know they are ridiculously priced, but I keep thinking about these. I know more colors are available, but these were the only two colors ordered for the store I enquired from.

Did anybody buy any? If so, what do you think?

Saw it at the Chanel boutique at Tyson's a few weeks ago. Loved it but forgot to check the price (I was there to order a black patent jumbo classic and the headband escaped my mind by the time I was finished). I can't believe how expensive they are! I'd love one but at $975 I just can't justify it. I lose enough headbands as it is and just what would I do with that chain once the elastic in the satin stretches out or dies of dry rot?

i saw it at Chanel in Tysons VA too...its pricey and I tried it on...snagged my hair so I wasnt as pleased...plus Ive found the hairbands with no open end seem to be more difficult to put on...takes a few tries though it IS adorable in person and once i was able to put it on w/o making my hair go all bunched up and what not...it was nice but i felt it was squeezing my head too much...

the price is eek though...but if u love it Mon, go for it!!!

When I first saw them I assumed it was a leather headband. Didn't know it was satin... I would personally prefer it with a leather chain (although perhaps that's too heavy on the head?). Satin seems not quite as durable.

I adore that hairband.

It's not really a hairband in the normal sense, the plastic ones are regular bands, but this looks like a dressy chain for the hair. This is not your schoolgirl hairband! And it's so Chanel. :heart::heart::heart:

I adore that hairband.

It's not really a hairband in the normal sense, the plastic ones are regular bands, but this looks like a dressy chain for the hair. This is not your schoolgirl hairband! And it's so Chanel. :heart::heart::heart:

Yes, these are my exact thoughts. More sophisticated Chanel.

Here as shown on Diane Kruger

diane-kruger-paris-fashion-week-2008-02.jpg

47034.jpg

Last pics I swear. As worn by Claudia Schiffer and Keira Knightley.

Attachments

• Cruise 2008 Headband Claudia Schiffer.JPG
    Cruise 2008 Headband Claudia Schiffer.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 114
  • Chanel Headband.jpg
    Chanel Headband.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Cruise 2008 Headband.JPG
    Cruise 2008 Headband.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 92
When I first saw them I assumed it was a leather headband. Didn't know it was satin... I would personally prefer it with a leather chain (although perhaps that's too heavy on the head?). Satin seems not quite as durable.

Agreed. I might splurge if it were leather and I can't see any excuse for charging $975 for a headband and not springing for the leather. At that price, lambskin and a sterling silver chain would be more appropriate! I can't imagine that leather would have been too heavy for this headband considering that it's already got a pretty solid metal chain. A few more grams from leather probably wouldn't contribute more than a couple of percent of the total weight. Aside from durability, I'm concerned about cleaning and potential staining of the satin. My mother was Japanese and my father is Irish and Scottish. I've got really thick (both in individual hair diameter and number of hairs on my head), dark Asian hair but I've got serious curls from my Dad. I love my hair and strangers stop me every day to compliment me but the only way to tame my mane and keep the curls as wsmooth, pretty curls rather than a huge, wild mane of frizz is to use a LOT of product in there, which means I tend to get a lot of oily product residue on headbands when I wear them. This isn't much of an issue with my leather headbands because I tend to use oilier lotion type leather cleaner/conditioners that keep the finish even. I shudder to think of how satin would look with all those curl creme and gel deposits!

Last pics I swear. As worn by Claudia Schiffer and Keira Knightley.
Oh no, keep posting pictures The more I see it, the more I love it.

When was the last time we saw a headband worn on a mature woman? These are not young girls wearing it. Look at Diane Kruger. It looks fabulous for evening when you want to really dress up an outfit.

And for those who are saying it should be leather... leather would look quite sporty. This hairband is so elegant!