Cruelty has GOT to stop!

Jeannam2008

Fashionably me :)
Jul 10, 2009
I work in an animal clinic and yesterday the humane society brought in a year old puggle (beagle/pug mix) that they found inside a car. Yesterday the heat index reached 100 degrees here! The dog had been inside the car for almost a week, and the sad part is this car was parked where the owner of the dogs home was. He was arrest. She was in miserable condition yesterday, we have her hooked up to fluids, and she has heat stroke. When she first arrived she was fine and had pretty bad diarrhea and if anyones ever worked in a clinic and heard of parvo and know about it. We had to test her for parvo virus because the smell was that distinct parvo smell.

It's just sad that people can be so cruel to their own pets and neglect them like this situation. The humane society named her Diamond and she is doing much better today, she's sitting up and we still have to force feed her. She will eventually be placed into my humane society and will hopefully get a really loving home. :love:

That story just breaks my heart. I don't know how anyone could do that to an innocent and sweet animal. Little Diamond will be in my thoughts and I hope she continues to improve and finds the perfect family she deserves.

That's so awful... I don't understand how people can be so cruel and completely inhumane. :sad: I'm glad she is doing better, but she never should have had to suffer. I hope she finds a loving, caring home soon.

hearing stories like that just angers me beyond belief!!!! i only wish these situations weren't only misdemeanors but felonies. i think it's disgusting how people can live with themselves after doing something like that to a living, innocent animal.

we will all keep diamond in our hearts and hope she continues to do well. please keep us posted with her condition.

I have this fantasy that I am made Queen of the World, and the very first thing I do is enact an eye-for-an-eye law especially for animal abusers. You roast a kitten to death in an oven? Climb on in this giant stove and have a seat! We'll scrape you out when you're "done". Toss a dog out a 6th floor window? Have a nice trip, you're going down!!

People that hurt animals make me so $#@!*&^!! mad. They do not deserve to live in my opinion.

Ugh. I hear that.

Recently, one man videotaped two other men shooting at ducks and ducklings on a prairie pond and all three were laughing and cheering about it.

The video was filmed in Alberta but all three men were originally from Saskatchewan.

I think the video is on Youtube, but I can't bring myself to watch it.

They're up for various charges - unlawful hunting, discharging a firearm from a vehicle, shooting a single projectile over water . . . .

In this morning's paper, someone wrote an editorial about the concept of hunting and how it baffles him how someone would even want to hunt.

To me, it's not about the hunting. I get the fact that some people want to hunt for their own food.

But that's the key: For Food. You eat what you shoot.

Why would you feel the need to shoot at animals for the heck of it? And why ducklings?

I hope they don't just walk away with a light slap on the wrist. I know the maximum penalties are rare (so I doubt they'd be fined $1 million), but a conviction under the Migratory Birds Convention Act can carry fines of $300,000 and six months in jail for individuals.

They don't need one or the other. They need both.

Forgive me, Jeannam. I see animal cruelty, too and it pisses me off.

I key people's donations to the International Fund for Animal Welfare and it sometimes breaks my heart to see pictures of the injured animals and I read people's letters. Sometimes it gets so bad and I see so much of it that I have to ask my parents to pick up and hug each one of my cats for me.

I got a lot of my information here:

http://www.calgarysun.com/news/canada/2009/08/08/10402486.html

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...nection-with-YouTube-duck-shooting-video.html

Last edited:
I have this fantasy that I am made Queen of the World, and the very first thing I do is enact an eye-for-an-eye law especially for animal abusers. You roast a kitten to death in an oven? Climb on in this giant stove and have a seat! We'll scrape you out when you're "done". Toss a dog out a 6th floor window? Have a nice trip, you're going down!!

People that hurt animals make me so $#@!*&^!! mad. They do not deserve to live in my opinion.
^^ ITA w/every word of this!!! :goodpost:

a week?! its amazing that shes still with us. hopefully she will find a good home.

i rescued my pom, and when i got her she was most definitely neglected, and so scared i would be lead to believe that she was abused as well. when i look at her now it breaks my heart that anyone could have ever been mean to her :cry:

Thanks for all you have done to help her and I pray that she finds a good and loving new home.

It is shameful and sad the things people will do to other people, children and animals. There is no easier way to discover another's character than the way they treat others that are powerless to respond, especially when others aren't watching. What's truly shocking is how very many terrible people there are like this out there.

Thank god for the other 95% and here's hoping that Diamond finds a good and loving home for the rest of her life. Please keep us updated on her recovery!