Cruelty Free Products

ShkBass

Just another member
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
From the peta website..

Here is a list of products that are cruelty free.

Shampoo for Dry Hair
David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Shampoo, $10
Best Shampoo for Oily Hair
Freeman Papaya and Lime, Shine Shampoo, $4
Best Dandruff Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo, $8
Best Shampoo for Curly or Wavy Hair
Kiss My Face Big Body Volumizing Shampoo, $8
Best Shampoo for Fine Hair
Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo With Wheat Protein, $9
Best Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair
Yes to Cucumbers Daily Makeover Shampoo, $9
Best Shampoo for Chemically Processed Hair
L’Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo, Rosemary Juniper, $7
*L’Oreal is not a cruelty-free company, but the Ever Pure line is vegan and cruelty-free.
Best Conditioner for Normal Hair
White Rain Conditioner, Energizing Citrus, $1
Best Conditioner for Dry Hair
David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Conditioner, $10
Best Conditioner for Oily Hair
Freeman Papaya and Lime, Shine Conditioner, $4
Best Conditioner for Dandruff
JASON Tea Tree Scalp Normalizing Conditioner, $7
Best Conditioner for Curly or Wavy Hair
Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, $8
Best Conditioner for Fine Hair
Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Conditioner With Wheat Protein, $9
Best Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair
L’Oreal EverPure Moisture Conditioner, Rosemary Mint, $7
*L’Oreal is not a cruelty-free company, but the Ever Pure line is vegan and cruelty-free.

From the peta website..

Here is a list of products that are cruelty free.

Shampoo for Dry Hair
David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Shampoo, $10
Best Shampoo for Oily Hair
Freeman Papaya and Lime, Shine Shampoo, $4
Best Dandruff Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo, $8
Best Shampoo for Curly or Wavy Hair
Kiss My Face Big Body Volumizing Shampoo, $8
Best Shampoo for Fine Hair
Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo With Wheat Protein, $9
Best Shampoo for Color-Treated Hair
Yes to Cucumbers Daily Makeover Shampoo, $9
Best Shampoo for Chemically Processed Hair
L’Oreal EverPure Moisture Shampoo, Rosemary Juniper, $7
Best Conditioner for Normal Hair
White Rain Conditioner, Energizing Citrus, $1
Best Conditioner for Dry Hair
David Babaii for WildAid Hydrating Conditioner, $10
Best Conditioner for Oily Hair
Freeman Papaya and Lime, Shine Conditioner, $4
Best Conditioner for Dandruff
JASON Tea Tree Scalp Normalizing Conditioner, $7
Best Conditioner for Curly or Wavy Hair
Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner, $8
Best Conditioner for Fine Hair
Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Conditioner With Wheat Protein, $9
Best Conditioner for Color-Treated Hair
L’Oreal EverPure Moisture Conditioner, Rosemary Mint, $7

That's a useful list. However, it bothers me that they would list a product by a company that isn't entirely cruelty free (L'Oreal). I would imagine the typical Peta supporter would shy away from a product that is produced by a company that continues to test on animals.
There are plenty of more cruelty free companies listed on caringconsumer.com. I am no fan of Peta, but I have been trying to avoid makeup made by companies that test on animals.

Thanks for sharing!! I'm also surprised that L'Oreal would go to the trouble to make a cruelty-free line, yet not implement the same regulations throughout the company. I'd still have to be pretty hard up to purchase anything from them, even if they do claim that this certain line is cruelty free.

L'oreal is owned by Proctor and Gamble, one of the world's largest fortune 500 companies. I won't buy anything from one of P&Gs brands like l'oreal, covergirl, gilette etc because the corporation uses some of the most hideous types of animal testing. I always check to see if a product is cruelty free before I purchase it and there are a TON of animal-friendly brands.

Nars, Chanel and Smashbox are all cruelty-free!

^^ I used to use alot of animal tested brands before I became aware of the issue, and before I could afford higher priced products. Neutrogena especially I liked because it worked well and is relatively cheap. Since switching to cruelty-free (and more expensive) brands though I've found my skin has improved and the issue of a few extra dollars is nothing to quibble over.
Really though what changed my spending habits was watching some of the appalling videos of animal testing facilities.

I'm going to bring this thread back to life... I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good cruelty free dry shampoo? I know that Bumble and bumble has one, but $35 for a bottle is a little more than I can afford right now. I used to use the Tresseme dry shampoo, but I believe that they test on animals.

I'm in the process of transitioning all of the products I normally use to ones that are cruelty free- it's amazing how many popular lines test on animals! So far, I've found awesome substitutes, but I'm stumped on finding a good dry shampoo that won't cost me a small fortune.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I'm going to bring this thread back to life... I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good cruelty free dry shampoo? I know that Bumble and bumble has one, but $35 for a bottle is a little more than I can afford right now. I used to use the Tresseme dry shampoo, but I believe that they test on animals.

I'm in the process of transitioning all of the products I normally use to ones that are cruelty free- it's amazing how many popular lines test on animals! So far, I've found awesome substitutes, but I'm stumped on finding a good dry shampoo that won't cost me a small fortune.

Thanks in advance :smile:

What about oscar blandi? You can try his travel size of the dry shampoo powder for about $10 and I think the full size is around $25. It's not tested on animals and I like it. I use it often.

ETA---I looked it up and the 1 oz size is $10 and the 2.5 oz size is $19 (at sephora.com)