Cruelty Free Polishes

It's important to me.

It's nice that stacmck posted the link to that recent blog above, because that blog does a good job of pointing out that it gets complicated to answer the seemingly simple question. It's not easy to make the decision sometimes. But I'm sorry the blogger has changed her personal stance. For the most part I don't agree with her.

To answer your question: I think it's great if the products I'm using are "cruelty free", but if a brand I like isn't on a list like that it will not stop me from purchasing it. The way I see it, mankind is quite cruel to nature in general, and no matter what you purchase, something has been destroyed in order to be able to produce at least some of its ingredients...

To answer your question: I think it's great if the products I'm using are "cruelty free", but if a brand I like isn't on a list like that it will not stop me from purchasing it. The way I see it, mankind is quite cruel to nature in general, and no matter what you purchase, something has been destroyed in order to be able to produce at least some of its ingredients...

It's important to me.

It's nice that stacmck posted the link to that recent blog above, because that blog does a good job of pointing out that it gets complicated to answer the seemingly simple question. It's not easy to make the decision sometimes. But I'm sorry the blogger has changed her personal stance. For the most part I don't agree with her.

These are both good points. I am fairly neutral at this point, but am interested in everyone's thoughts on both sides.

These are both good points. I am fairly neutral at this point, but am interested in everyone's thoughts on both sides.

ByeKitty is certainly entitled to decide what's important to her, and there also might be quite a bit of truth in her outlook on mankind and it's destructiveness. But being a truth, doesn't make something right. The way I see it, the intentional infliction of distress, pain and death on these animals - especially in the context we're talking about, for cosmetics - is wrong. Torture rationalized so we can paint ourselves? I'm not surprised there isn't alot of comment on this thread. Many people are simply happier just not knowing. To put it in a broader sense, where would society be if we turned our backs on everything we know to be wrong, just because someone else does it or did something bad before it? One of my mom's favorite sayings: "two wrongs don't make a right".

ByeKitty is certainly entitled to decide what's important to her, and there also might be quite a bit of truth in her outlook on mankind and it's destructiveness. But being a truth, doesn't make something right. The way I see it, the intentional infliction of distress, pain and death on these animals - especially in the context we're talking about, for cosmetics - is wrong. Torture rationalized so we can paint ourselves? I'm not surprised there isn't alot of comment on this thread. Many people are simply happier just not knowing. To put it in a broader sense, where would society be if we turned our backs on everything we know to be wrong, just because someone else does it or did something bad before it? One of my mom's favorite sayings: "two wrongs don't make a right".

Although I said I am neutral, I certainly lean toward cruelty free. I should have been more clear. I meant neutral until I learn more about this subject. I am VERY anti animal cruelty in my every day life.

AND now that I am becoming more informed, I will definitely be much more selective of the brands that I buy from now on.

The brands I have right now are butter london, OPI, China Glaze, Essie, Milani, Orly, Zoya, Nicole. I know that most of these are cruelty free, thank goodness.

I am sure I would be perfectly happy to only use butter london, China Glaze, Orly, Zoya and Milani. And any other that are cruelty free that I eventually invest in.

My main manicure system of choice though is Gelish, and I have no idea if it is cruelty free. I have invested a LOT of money in the system, the light and bunches of polishes. I will be seriously very, very sad if I find out Gelish is not cruelty free. :cry:

My main manicure system of choice though is Gelish, and I have no idea if it is cruelty free. I have invested a LOT of money in the system, the light and bunches of polishes. I will be seriously very, very sad if I find out Gelish is not cruelty free. :cry:

I have read that they do not test, but there isn't alot out there.

I should say, however, with all the crazy chemicals in there, there's probably a high chance some of those ingredients may well have been required to be tested by somebody else. When I say I read they don't test, I am assuming that only applies to the finished product.