CRUD can I reverse feedback if I already left positive? FAKE content!

ok new question since the seller hasn't responded to me since yesterday in the early afternoon despite two messages and my responses in her thread here.

How long should I wait trying to resolve this without resorting to ebay followup comments, paypal disputes, and credit card chargebacks? I want to give her the benefit of the doubt since she posts here but honestly, a thread on here and no response from her don't necessarily calm my gut feeling, knowing what I know about mbmj clothing over the last five years.

Also, anyone wanna let me pm them a draft of my followup comment? I've never had this happen before and I've never left anything that wasn't positive in ebay feedback so I want to make sure it is appropriate, decorous and to the point.

You have time. You don't need to do post any feedback follow-up today. In fact, it's best to wait until the entire transaction is complete. Is your concern that the tag says "Shell?" Have you gotten another opinion on authenticity?

It isn't an accusation to be treated lightly so I will say that although I am not certain it is fake I am also not convinced it is authentic. Being uncertain about it makes me very uncomfortable wearing it and I would never feel that selling it would be ethical.

ok new question since the seller hasn't responded to me since yesterday in the early afternoon despite two messages and my responses in her thread here.

How long should I wait trying to resolve this without resorting to ebay followup comments, paypal disputes, and credit card chargebacks? I want to give her the benefit of the doubt since she posts here but honestly, a thread on here and no response from her don't necessarily calm my gut feeling, knowing what I know about mbmj clothing over the last five years.

No, I'm sure they don't. :nogood:

Hopefully, she's just busy; but I KWYM. :yes:

I'd give it 48 hours, personally and then, if you have received no reply and still think the dress is probably fake, launch a dispute.

Last edited:
It isn't an accusation to be treated lightly so I will say that although I am not certain it is fake I am also not convinced it is authentic. Being uncertain about it makes me very uncomfortable wearing it and I would never feel that selling it would be ethical.

Just my opinion but I dont think this situation warrants any kind of followup feedback, as a seller it seems she has done everything right in regards to sending your item and trying to be helpful in calming your concerns about its authenticity and since you have stated you are not certain that it is a fake then I think there is no need for followup feedback particularly if the seller is willing to work things out with you via refund etc. I think leaving followup feedback regarding authenticity when u are not certain as u have stated would not be fair to the seller.

^^ Actually we don't know if they ever decided on a refund. IF it is a fake then it doesn't matter how nice the seller has been etc. selling fakes is illegal and potential byuers need to know if sellers sell them.
Now I am NOT saying that this was a fake -- just responding to the above post =)

PG requested a refund minus the shipping costs, which I felt was fair. In an attempt to act in good faith, I offered to issue the refund before the dress was sent back. I completed the refund yesterday afternoon and have yet to hear back from PG, regarding either the completion of the refund or the shipping status of the dress.

I feel bad that this whole situation turned out so poorly...But again, I still stand by the authenticity of my dress.

^ That was very good of you, missmollypolly. :smile:

Again, hopefully, pg's just busy and will contact you, soon. :yes:

TBH, I think, sometimes, a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing.....or it can be in my case, anyway!

For example, I have been buying Chloe items for about 7 years, now and authenticating them for over 3 and on two occasions, items I have received and believed, at the time, to probably be fake (based on what was my knowledge of Chloe items in general and/or ownership of similar items and/or circumstantial things like the seller advertising that an item came in its original box, but then shipping it in a new one and another seller admitting to have bought a fake, in the past) I now believe to have been, almost certainly, authentic.

Chances are, if I'd known nothing about Chloe at all, I'd just have assumed they were, at the time! :lol:

Also, I have a NAP-bought, definitely authentic, BV bag from A/W '01 and because it was designed by Giles Deacon (who was the artistic director at BV, at the time and now has his own line [Giles]) and he was brought in to shake-up the brand, it has a very different look to typical vintage BVs and current BVs, so most of the girls on the BV forum thought it was fake (and for all I know, still do?!); despite me posting detailed pics of it and pics of the runway collection it, very obviously, came from (and despite Tori Spelling's similar bag being sold on eBay).

That's not to say that knowing nothing is good, or that building up one's knowledge of a brand isn't very helpful, but if one becomes a bit too pedantic about every tiny, possibly variable, detail, that can also cause its own problems! :biggrin:

I'm not saying that's happening here, but from what others have said about the labels on their MBMJ clothes, I do wonder if it's possible? :shrugs:

Last edited: