CRUD can I reverse feedback if I already left positive? FAKE content!

pghandbag

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
I bought a dress on ebay and contacted the seller once I received it because the tag looked fishy to me. I didn't look closely at the fabric content but after she assured me she bought it years ago at saks I left positive feedback.

I looked at the tag RIGHT AFTER I left the feedback and saw that it lists the fabric content of "shell" even though the dress doesn't have a shell. It is unlined. Now I don't know if I have a paypal claim leg to stand on.

What should I do?!

You can post a follow up comment, type in 'respond to feedback' in the help section and there should be a link that comes up to respond to feedback you've already left.

Not sure where you'd stand in a PayPal dispute after feedback has been left but it's worth a try.

Linda

I find that paypal is rarely, if ever helpful in reversing/fixing problems. Hopefully this was an honest mistake (although it sure doesn't sound good) and you can work things out directly with the seller for a return/replacement. You can post followup to your comment as mentioned above, but often just directly communicating with a buyer/seller can work things out without it coming to that. Good luck!

I am trying to continue communication with the seller but I am worried that because she has her positive feedback she will take the money and run. I haven't filed a dispute yet. I am hoping the seller will offer a solution even though she has no incentive because I gave away my only power. :sad:

I am trying to continue communication with the seller but I am worried that because she has her positive feedback she will take the money and run. I haven't filed a dispute yet. I am hoping the seller will offer a solution even though she has no incentive because I gave away my only power. :sad:
I am pretty sure once you have left positive FB you can't get your money back? Always wait to leave FB until you are super sure...I know, late advice here.

You can still file for PayPal SNAD dispute. Just post a follow-up to that feedback you've left and state the truth. Feedback actually means nothing when it comes to a PayPal dispute/claim.

Hang on a minute, is this a MBMJ dress?

If so, either your seller has posted another thread, or this an uncanny coincidence! :wacko:

BTW, I believe the shell is the outer part of the dress (as the name suggests).

Does it also mention a lining?

If it helps, I have an authentic M by MJ item that has a tag that says SHELL on it (and it is unlined). My item came directly from Neiman Marcus so I have no concerns.

There are probably only about 2 sellers on eBay I would trust to blindly buy an unfamiliar M by MJ item from -- there are just too many fakes. However, if the other thread linked to is the same auction transaction, I think OP has an authentic item.