CRUD can I reverse feedback if I already left positive? FAKE content!

pghandbag

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
DC/Pittsburgh
I bought a dress on ebay and contacted the seller once I received it because the tag looked fishy to me. I didn't look closely at the fabric content but after she assured me she bought it years ago at saks I left positive feedback.

I looked at the tag RIGHT AFTER I left the feedback and saw that it lists the fabric content of "shell" even though the dress doesn't have a shell. It is unlined. Now I don't know if I have a paypal claim leg to stand on.

What should I do?!

LindaP

O.G.
Dec 31, 2007
Blue Ridge Mountains, Virginia USA
You can post a follow up comment, type in 'respond to feedback' in the help section and there should be a link that comes up to respond to feedback you've already left.

Not sure where you'd stand in a PayPal dispute after feedback has been left but it's worth a try.

Linda

bipolarbear

Jun 10, 2009
I find that paypal is rarely, if ever helpful in reversing/fixing problems. Hopefully this was an honest mistake (although it sure doesn't sound good) and you can work things out directly with the seller for a return/replacement. You can post followup to your comment as mentioned above, but often just directly communicating with a buyer/seller can work things out without it coming to that. Good luck!

pghandbag

O.G.
Oct 6, 2006
DC/Pittsburgh
I am trying to continue communication with the seller but I am worried that because she has her positive feedback she will take the money and run. I haven't filed a dispute yet. I am hoping the seller will offer a solution even though she has no incentive because I gave away my only power. :sad:

mmmsc

O.G.
Feb 1, 2007
USA
I am trying to continue communication with the seller but I am worried that because she has her positive feedback she will take the money and run. I haven't filed a dispute yet. I am hoping the seller will offer a solution even though she has no incentive because I gave away my only power. :sad:
I am pretty sure once you have left positive FB you can't get your money back? Always wait to leave FB until you are super sure...I know, late advice here.

applepielicious

Level: Pie
Jun 19, 2009
New York
You can still file for PayPal SNAD dispute. Just post a follow-up to that feedback you've left and state the truth. Feedback actually means nothing when it comes to a PayPal dispute/claim.

chloehandbags

ChloéClutchCollector
O.G.
Mar 23, 2006
England, UK.
Hang on a minute, is this a MBMJ dress?

If so, either your seller has posted another thread, or this an uncanny coincidence! :wacko:

BTW, I believe the shell is the outer part of the dress (as the name suggests).

Does it also mention a lining?

luvtami

O.G.
Nov 3, 2008
If it helps, I have an authentic M by MJ item that has a tag that says SHELL on it (and it is unlined). My item came directly from Neiman Marcus so I have no concerns.

There are probably only about 2 sellers on eBay I would trust to blindly buy an unfamiliar M by MJ item from -- there are just too many fakes. However, if the other thread linked to is the same auction transaction, I think OP has an authentic item.