Crossbody strap on Nikki?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I love my Nikkis to death but when it's winter and I'm wearing a heavy jacket, I really wish it came with a crossbody strap! Has anyone managed to put a crossbody strap on their Nikki?

2. I have the Rikki and the Nikki - you can probably use a different longer RM strap or buy a replacement strap on ebay or etsy.

3. i imagine the reg size Nikki is not suitable as a crossbody cuz it's just too big :sweatdrop:

4. I don't think so - I have the marc by marc jacobs too hot to handle large tote which is about the same size that I wear crossbody.

5. just googled it and it's huge! :P

6. It's really not. I would take a pic but my camera literally just died.

7. #9 Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  8. The Rikki is a great style. I wish they would make those again. I agree with Kasey that the regular size Nikki would be too big for me to use with a shoulder strap. A mini might be OK, though.

9. #11 Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    I did consider getting a Rikki (or two haha) but I'd rather just find a way to repurpose my Nikkis rather than buying more bags.

(I can't believe I just said that)

The biggest problem I see with just buying a strap to attach to my Nikki is to find one the right color. Would a MAB strap work? I dont have any MAB/MAMs so I can't really tell.

Oh please please try it this weekend and let us know!! :biggrin:

10. I agree it's a little on the big side (bigger than a Balenciaga Velo for sure) but it's so slouchy that I feel like it works. At least it seems like it would work when I hold it up against my hip. I'm 5'9" though... might look a bit overwhelming on someone smaller