Crossbody bag for a mom

Dec 11, 2006
Any recommendations for a good medium size bag for a Mom of a little one? My hand held bags have not been used. Sometimes my jumbos are also not used because it's not as hands free. I have a couple of wocs but they don't hold enough. I have a reissue 226 but prefer a little more room.

Considering an LV pochette metis in empreinte leather but wondering if there's a good Chanel option.

Perhaps the new Gabrielle? I think I saw some photos of it being worn cross body. The opening looks easily accessible as well. Also I know you specifically asked for a Chanel option, but I would consider the Hermes Evelyne as well.

Perhaps the new Gabrielle? I think I saw some photos of it being worn cross body. The opening looks easily accessible as well. Also I know you specifically asked for a Chanel option, but I would consider the Hermes Evelyne as well.

I do have an Evelyn in blue electric which I wear sometimes. I'm a bit wary of an open top though and afraid I will wear and tear the inside if I wear it too much because it's unlined.

Will look up photos of Gabrielle.

Would love to hear the suggestions as well. I'm in this constant dilemma of finding the perfect mom bag. I was using my reissue camera bag for awhile and happy with it but it can get heavy and the strap is not very comfortable. I have a reissue 227 but think it's too big for crossbody. 226 would seem better or even 225 but you think it's not roomy enough? Perhaps a single flap would be better or boy bag?

Unfortunately the reissue 227 is too big for me as I am 5'3" on a good day. I'm not big on backpacks especially being in NYC, I like to keep an eye on my bag.

Anyone have good experience with the boy bag in new medium as a mom bag?

Hello fellow momma! I struggled a lot finding the perfect crossbody as well. Do you want to carry a lot? Bare necessities?
For me, I have a small nylon backpack for kiddo essentials (extra clothes, utensils, books, snacks). I love my Chanel double zip WOC (Caviar) for when I just want to carry bare necessities (CC, some hand wipes, cell phone). When I want to carry just a bit more, I use the LV Twice (Empreiente leather). It looks small, but it fits a lot. Similar 3-compartment set up as the WOC. Both are quite carefree and can fit into the backpack. If I need to carry much more, I'll switch to the LV Neverfull, because I started to get shoulder pain with a heavy crossbody. I'm 5'1 and can get away with wearing my 225 Reissue crossbody. [emoji13] But I SUPER baby it and will only use it if hubby is out with us too.
Hope this helps! Good luck and have fun with your search! [emoji8]

If you dont mind me asking, why is the jumbo not as hands free for you? I find jumbo (aside of minis & reissues) are one of the classic flaps that is perfect to be worn crossbody, and it seems the size is perfect for you cosidering you want something bigger than 226. The usual issue i have with jumbo is its heavy :biggrin:

Another consideration for crossbody & enclosed top perhaps would be medium coco handle, business affinity or the new gabrielle hobo/tote. Hope this helps

If you dont mind me asking, why is the jumbo not as hands free for you? I find jumbo (aside of minis & reissues) are one of the classic flaps that is perfect to be worn crossbody, and it seems the size is perfect for you cosidering you want something bigger than 226. The usual issue i have with jumbo is its heavy :biggrin:

Another consideration for crossbody & enclosed top perhaps would be medium coco handle, business affinity or the new gabrielle hobo/tote. Hope this helps

Thanks I'll look into business affinity. The jumbo size works well but wearing crossbody is too long for me. Maybe I can try tying with a ribbon under the flap.

Reactions: starprism_7
Crossbody with adjustable strap and you can use the inner chains to satchel..I love her.

Attachments

• 51338057623__032F33BE-E866-4FD0-9A08-7AC5BE25EFEC.JPG.png
    51338057623__032F33BE-E866-4FD0-9A08-7AC5BE25EFEC.JPG.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 928