Cross your fingers for me girls!

sweetmelissa

But it was on sale!
Mar 9, 2007
So I just got the test results in the mail today for my Praxis II (teaching certification) test which I was sure I flunked and...............I PASSED!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: :party: :drinks:In fact, I actually came close to receiving a recognition of excellence award but unfortunately, the Science questions tripped me up.

Anyway....so in honor of my achievment, I got dh to agree to let me get the Thompson hobo which has been on my wishlist forever and which I just figured would never, ever be mine although I :love: her. I know some have had issues with this bag but I love her enough to take my chances/reglue her myself if need be.

Now, the tricky part is getting him to take me to the outlet to get one. I know an outlet around here has some, or did yesterday when I called. I will call again in the morning. We couldn't go today because we had planned to take my son to Great Adventure (which was a blast btw!), dh has to do some work tomorrow so that's out. Sunday is up in the air-if his mom gets the day off, we will go up north to visit her and outlet trip will be out :sad: but if not, we will go to the outlets instead. My fear is that if we don't get there pretty soon, the bags will all be gone. I would just go myself; it's not even all that far. But dh doesn't want me to make the drive alone and he even said he'd rather pay more for one on the bay than have me drive out by myself.

So cross your fingers for me that I will get my Thompson hobo, that she will still be around (or cheap enough on the bay) when dh gets in gear. Eeeeekkkk!!! Oh, and erm...sorry for the long post but I'm quite hopped up on all the sugar laden lemonades and the cold stone creamery ice cream I indulged in today.

Congrats on your accomplishment - that is fantastic! If you cant get to an outlet, I've seen these on ebay recently. Not sure if the price is as good as an outlet price, but Ive been watching those bags and also the Thompson top handle satchels for the last month or so. I was fortunate to find my top handle at an outlet in North Carolina on vacation, but otherwise it would have been ebay for me too. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks girls. I really don't know the going rate on the bay but they are pretty low at the outlets....hence my fear of them flying off the shelves! I'm dying here but I don't want to really push the issue with dh as he is in a touchy mood. Gahhhh!!

congrats in your test, I am actually going to the outlet tomorrow to pick up the thompson hobo in toffee that on hold for me, I ask the sa how much is it and she said $239 with 20 % I was so exicted but then she corrected herself and said $299 with 20 off. I am exicted, it a birthday gift to myself. I think you will find one, just put it on hold because you can always extend the hold.

I'm going to call again in the morning to be sure they still have some and I believe that $299 with 20% for a final price of $239 is what they told me. What do you mean you can extend the hold...will all stores allow that?

I'd really like to find it in the ink color but will happily settle for either of the brown shades. I'm not so keen on the ivory though...don't trust myself with such a light colored bag.

GREAT JOB!!! I am so happy that your Dh is going to get that bag for you, tell him all us girls at TPF are pround of you and him. Hopefully you can get to that outlet ASAP so you can get a deal on one, they are GORGEOUS by the way. CONGRATS and keep us posted.

I'm going to call again in the morning to be sure they still have some and I believe that $299 with 20% for a final price of $239 is what they told me. What do you mean you can extend the hold...will all stores allow that?

they hold for 48hrs but if you can't make it, they will extend the hold for another 48 hrs, at least the outlet I go to.

I'd really like to find it in the ink color but will happily settle for either of the brown shades. I'm not so keen on the ivory though...don't trust myself with such a light colored bag.

The ink color is my favorite as well. I hope you find one, it's beautiful. Be sure to post us pics if you do. :drool:

Congrats on passing your Praxis test!! I just found out today that I passed the Praxis PLT. This was the last Praxis test I had left, and I am now finally done with standardized testing. Woohoo!! :yahoo: I hope you find the bag you want.

Why don't you phone the outlet and do a charge hold? They will do a pre-authorization on your credit card over the phone and will then hold the bag for you for 2 weeks. This gives you enough time to organize a trip down to the outlet. BTW...congratulations on your accomplishment! I am a teacher too!