Cross stitching, anybody?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. [​IMG]

Mirabilia "Enchanted Mermaid"

After THREE years of toiling away! Just kidding, I love stitching while watching TV - that's why it took so long. Stitched on Sugar Maple Fabrics "Shimmering Aphrodite" 28ct evenweave opalescent Jazlyn, with thousands of beads and like, a POUND of Swarovski crystals. She was a wedding gift to my brother and sister-in-law.

Stitching has been a hobby of mine since I was about 10 years old. I could never sit still while watching TV, so I always stitched at the same time. Stitched all through high school, college, medical school...who knew...now it has translated to performing skin procedures in my everyday job...dermatologist! :smile: And my love for all things pretty.

I have many other finished projects which I will post over time. For now, enjoy and please share.

Close up:
    [​IMG]

2. My goodness that is absoltuely beautiful!!!!

I used to cross-stitch while I was younger and would actually like to start again but I don't know where. I dunno if they have those kits here in Germany like they did in the states..

3. I love cross stitching too. I used to do it when I was working night duty in a hospital. I might get back to it soon and will post pictures. Too many distractions nowadays. Facebook, Purse Forum, daily blogs that I visit. Oh and lets not forget my 2 year old son. LOL. He takes so much of my time...

I am not complaining! Honest! :biggrin:

4. Oh and I think you did a great job!!

5. She is gorgeous - I don't know how you could part with her. Lovely present though.
    I have limited cross stitch skills ( and a severe lack of time) but just love looking at all the beautiful patterns you can get.

6. Wow, that is very pretty. I don't think I have ever tried cross-stitching before. That seems like it took an insane amount of time to do. I need more immediate gratification but I can only imagine how proud you were to finish. I'd love to see more.

7. Clanalois,your piece is stunning!

8. Absolutely gorgeous! :biggrin: Do you know how you're going to frame it? Take it to a really good, high-end frame store, and they'll make it look truly sublime.

I think the gal who draws the Mirabilia xstitch designs is the daughter of the famous embroidery designer Marilyn Leavitt Imblum. She publishes her designs under the Butternut Road and Lavender & Lace lines. I have a whole stash of her patterns that I've collected through the years, but I've only tackled and completed one. It took me over a year to stitch. All those subtle color shadings made my eyes cross. :weird:

9. Wow! Admired what you'd done.
    This thread been inactive for so long. In case anyone drop by, I used to cross stitching at younger age, with better eye sights. I'd like to share my works here too. My nieces are waiting to inherit my kits.
    One of my fav piece. it's hang at the entrance of my place.
    [​IMG]

10. Thats gorgeous.

I love cross-stitch and embroidery, but I'm not fond of doing scenes and large pictures. I am more of a sampler & motif kind of girl I guess. But some of the scenes and pictures others do are very beautiful, I just don't have the faintest clue what I'd do with a finished piece.

11. Oh my! Very pretty! :biggrin: That would look wonderful in a front-hall entrance.

Do you have other pieces? Is that a cross-stitch design in your avatar?

I used to do a lot of cross-stitch but my eyes got poor and it isn't as much fun as it used to be. Also, I've run out of wall space! :P And so have my friends and family. But I still keep a big stash of patterns I'd like to do Some Day.

12. I've been talking cross stitch with a friend and decided to come see what is on TPF - we need more pictures!!! I have to take pictures!

I just discovered the Mirabilia/Nora Corbett designs this week - It makes sense since you mention the Lavendar & Lace! I absolutely LOVE the Sabrina design @ Mirabilia and want to do her.

That's funny! In talking about cross stitch with my friend and listing what I've done, I realized that I have none on MY walls - it's all on family & friends' walls!!!

13. I LOVE cross stitch! I just rarely have time for it anymore. It used to be my goto activity in the car, watching TV, etc. But then I had kids, and, well....

I'm currently working on one that's rather rude from Subversive Cross Stitch- I'll post pictures when (if) I ever finish it.

14. I used to cross stitch, haven't touched it for a while... There's so little time :sad:
    I never did a Mirabilia piece, but I think they are stunning! I'm a Dimensions fan, love their kits, especially the Gold Collection. Last one I worked on was one of the big wreaths. Maybe I should pull it out for the long winter evenings :smile:

15. Wow, that looks awesome. mustve taken forever.