cross, sad, and generally just annoyed.

mere girl

O.G.
Aug 12, 2008
Just let me rant please and then I will feel better.
I love love love my new anthra RGGH City. The colour is perfect and the leather is just how I would have wished.
But look at the shoulder strap.....it has strange lines along the whole length of one side!
OK - I'm sure I can return it ...but I'm still sad. :sad:

Attachments

• balstrap.jpg
    balstrap.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,327
  • balstrap3.jpg
    balstrap3.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,319
See if they can just replace the strap itself. So annoying when you think of the price of these bags.
I have to say that it would bother me if it were mine and would need to change it

^^ yes the trouble with anthra is that the colour can very so much...green/blue tones etc so a new strap may be a different shade!
I have contacted them but I will have to wait until Monday to see what they say...whether they will replace just the strap or require the bag back.

:shocked: No wonder your annoyed - that wouldn't exactly be hard to miss. I agree that it might not be easy to match another strap with the same bag since anthras are so varied. As annoying as it is, I would personally prefer to send the whole bag back and specify what kind of leather/ undertones etc I'd want in the new one. Might seem really fussy but given that it was their mistake, I think it would be the least they could do. Hope its all resolved quickly.

Huh, never seen anything like this before.
I hope they'll replace just the strap. Otherwise I'd be tempted to keep it still since finding a similar Anthra is not easy.
Is it on both sides of the strap or just one?

:shocked: No wonder your annoyed - that wouldn't exactly be hard to miss. I agree that it might not be easy to match another strap with the same bag since anthras are so varied. As annoying as it is, I would personally prefer to send the whole bag back and specify what kind of leather/ undertones etc I'd want in the new one. Might seem really fussy but given that it was their mistake, I think it would be the least they could do. Hope its all resolved quickly.
I didn't notice it to start with at all as it's on the underside of the strap...I actually thought 'amazing - a Bal bag that has no faults at all!'
I've just tried to massage it out but it's not going to work - it's really embossed in the leather.

Huh, never seen anything like this before.
I hope they'll replace just the strap. Otherwise I'd be tempted to keep it still since finding a similar Anthra is not easy.
Is it on both sides of the strap or just one?
It is really strange. It's a very uniform marking as though it was pressed hard in something as it was stitched?
The other side just has a faint single line running along it..

I didn't notice it to start with at all as it's on the underside of the strap...I actually thought 'amazing - a Bal bag that has no faults at all!'
I've just tried to massage it out but it's not going to work - it's really embossed in the leather.

Oh no - I didn't mean you should have noticed it, I meant they should have inspected it thoroughly before it was put out. It looks like something has scratched along it since there's almost a ripple pattern to it. I hope they find you another one that ticks all the boxes :smile:

It is really strange. It's a very uniform marking as though it was pressed hard in something as it was stitched?
The other side just has a faint single line running along it..

You know, when I looked at the pic .. I immediately thought "hmmm - that looks like the lines one would get when putting the item in the sewing machine ...", so I wonder if this occurred when they were doing the stitching?? Well, not that it matters (how) it happened .. but yes, it definitely shouldn't be there!!

Unfortunately, I agree with others though .. Anthra is so hard to "match" (I have an old Anthra where I have different tassels and while it may not bug others, it bugs me). If you can't get a replacement, can you get some $$$ back?

You know, when I looked at the pic .. I immediately thought "hmmm - that looks like the lines one would get when putting the item in the sewing machine ...", so I wonder if this occurred when they were doing the stitching?? Well, not that it matters (how) it happened .. but yes, it definitely shouldn't be there!!

Unfortunately, I agree with others though .. Anthra is so hard to "match" (I have an old Anthra where I have different tassels and while it may not bug others, it bugs me). If you can't get a replacement, can you get some $$$ back?

i don't really know what to do....I think I should replace the bag and strap and keep my fingers crossed that I get another grey/blue one which I love. The returns label on this one is addressed to Italy, so it will all take time......

i don't really know what to do....I think I should replace the bag and strap and keep my fingers crossed that I get another grey/blue one which I love. The returns label on this one is addressed to Italy, so it will all take time......

OH NO!!! .. I had a nightmare returning something to Italy (as much as I love my bella Italia, I don't love their postal system). Good luck with that .. fingers/toes crossed for you!

They look like pressure marks so maybe if you use the shoulder strap and the leather softens, the marks will come out? Still unacceptable, though. They should send you a free strap. I hope you get the bag + strap you want, even if it's not this pair.