Cross body bag??

Parisluxury

Aug 1, 2014
I've just had a baby and now really into cross body bags...

I know this is the Chanel forum but what would you suggest I purchase from the below options? I want this to be an everyday bag which I can throw on with my wallet, keys, mobile, when I go out with my baby (I have a separate nappy bag for the baby which I can load onto the pram).

1. Chanel mini flap - is this too small? Too cute? I don't carry much but the bare essentials so I think the size is okay but not sure whether this would suit a mid 30s woman who is not skinny (looks fab on Alexa Chung but I think this is cz she's youngish and really skinny). Also, another issue is that my local store doesn't not have any in stock anyway so I have locate one o/s (i cant even try it on). I'm advised that this is no longer a classic and they don't know when they will get any... *sigh*

2. LV pochette metis - bigger size but not really sold on the design. I've already tried it on twice at the boutique but didnt really love it. However, I can't seem to let go of it as well.

3. Hermes evelyne - probably the biggest bag from the three I've chosen. Not really loving the canvas straps though.. Also most expensive from the three. Don't own any hermes bags but assume quality would be better? than LV and Chanel...

Or please suggest any others??

Mini is cute and goes crossbody. If you don't need to carry a lot of things. WOC is also nice but small. The Jumbo is a great bag! You can wear it crossbody, single or double chain. Inside is more space! I love my jumbos!

I've actually been looking at a mini. I'm not in a rush to get it, but just checking out colors. By the way, I'm FAR from skinny. The perfect bag fits you; don't worry about size, or color. I'm also mid-30s...and only in the last year becoming a fan of handbags.

I also looked at the pochette metis, ended up buying the Favorite, and then sold it because walking around in canvas and screaming labels didn't fit me so well. I still walk with my mono Speedy and I'm not sure why it's different, but it is.

My cross body small bags are the Chanel WOC and the BV mini messenger (on it's way to me). Both are leather, unique, works for short trips and nighttime events, and best of all, I love them!

I got an Evelyne a few months ago and it is a very easy, functional, comfortable bag. The canvas strap is really durable and because it's wide, it's comfortable on the shoulder. I wear mine with the "H" against my body which makes it easy to access my phone and keys in the outside pocket. And yes, because it's Hermes, the quality is top-notch.

I've also been really tempted lately by the Fendi By the Way bag -- tried one on yesterday and was surprised at how much the small holds. It somehow manages to be light, structured and yet soft at the same time. If you like the style, you may want to check that one out too -- the price is also more favorable than the other options you're considering!

I have two toddlers and third one will be here in a month so I thought I will chime in.
I have many cross body bags (including Hermes Evelyne PM, Chanel reissue and woc, just to name a few...) and if I just need to carry the essentials on me, I uses woc and leave the baby stuff in a separate diaper bag (Lv Palermo GM). Hermes evelyne is great too if u need to carry more than just cards and phone and the quality is def better than LV and Chanel...
Overall, I like to carry Evelyne more since it's more casual and perfect size for me.

Good luck!

I'm also a mom and I am obsesssed with crossbody bags. I have a few and depending on my needs I rotate:

Chanel WoC and mini: for only the essentials, although the mini can hold a little more if you use a card case instead of a small wallet

Prada wallet on strap: same as above

Rebecca Minkoff mini Mac: for days when I don't want to mess up a nice bag (going to the playground, water section at a park, terrible weather, etc.). I think it's good to have a bag that you don't mind destroying.

I think these are also nice options:

LV Alma BB in Epi
Celine nano
Philip Lim mini pashli
Hermes Evelyn

I plan on getting the Alma BB soon. :smile:.

I have a toddler too and I usually carry my LV Favorite MM when I have her. The crossbody is a great length, and of course there's also the chain strap if you wanted to use it for a more dressy event.

I really like it because it fits a ton even though it looks small. It's light and weighs almost nothing on it's own. And it's really low maitenance so I don't have to worry about it getting messed up/scratched. In it I can fit: LV key clie (which I use as a small wallet), keys, phone, a diaper, a pack of crackers/snacks, bib/toddler utensils/scissors, sunglasses in the cloth pouch, and still have some extra room for misc. items.

I'd recommend WOC or mini. They fit about the same!

WOC holds my essentials and iPhone. I can fit a small cosmetic pouch. Mini fits about the same since I need a card holder for mini.

Evelyn is good if you need to carry more! Not sold on LV.

Or old medium boy is a good option for cross body

My saks SA has yellow and black patent mini in stock by the way if you want to track one down.

Celine nano is good! It fits more than my Chanel m/l although it looks small!

And I agree with Rebecca Minkoff mini Mac too!

I'm also a mom and I am obsesssed with crossbody bags. I have a few and depending on my needs I rotate:

Chanel WoC and mini: for only the essentials, although the mini can hold a little more if you use a card case instead of a small wallet

Prada wallet on strap: same as above

Rebecca Minkoff mini Mac: for days when I don't want to mess up a nice bag (going to the playground, water section at a park, terrible weather, etc.). I think it's good to have a bag that you don't mind destroying.

I think these are also nice options:

LV Alma BB in Epi

Celine nano

Philip Lim mini pashli

Hermes Evelyn

I plan on getting the Alma BB soon. :smile:.