Crop Top/High Waist Skirts

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. At first I was like no way, but the trend is growing on me. I'm in my 30's and need some suggestions on how to pull this off casually without looking like a teenager.

2. I think a longer skirt and a higher necked top is the way to do it so that you aren't showing too much skin. I think cropped tops can also look more mature with skinny cropped pants and flats a la Audrey Hepburn.

3. This is a topic I've been thinking about (and I'm planning on writing a blog post about it) because the trend can be really flattering.

I think Narcisco Rodriguez showed an awesome version of this look on the S/S 14 runway. I'm not digging the separate pieces in ultra-tight stretchy fabrics, but more tailored clothing is pretty chic.

I'm sure it doesn't need to be said, but I don't think this trend is appropriate for the office but it is fine for an evening out as long as you've got the figure for it.

4. I love this trend, too. I like the higher waisted pencil skirt look with a "longer" crop top. I'm going to go looking for some this weekend.

I've been doing more plank workouts expressly to hold onto my youth and participate in this trend. And I'm 35!!!

5. On the fence; I think it would depend entirely on the overall look...and I would only wear casually in the summer on a weekend.

6. Agree, to do this in a more classy way, take a higher waited pencil skirt, with a more covering crop top, long or short sleeves, and high neckline, and not too tight.
    I´m digging the silhouette with the tight pencil skirt below the knee, and boxy/larger top, only shows a slice of belly skin.

7. I prefer crop tops with skinny jeans/pants, though I don't mind a tied button down with a skirt. I also prefer darker colors for the style (black/black looks the best imo, or dark jeans/pants with a neutral colored top). Bright colors and a crop top make me think of the 90s or teenagers.

Miranda Kerr wore a black crop with a black pencil skirt and a colored blazer that I thought looked cool, as well as a black crop and black skinnies with a black Antigona and light blazer (she looked very sleek). However, she also wore a light colored crop and skirt another time that I disliked. Audrey Hepburn also did crops, but with pants.

A lot of celebrities and fashion people have started wearing/promoting it, but 9 times out 10 it's not a classy or appealing look no matter how trendy they want it to be. It doesn't highlight the waist any better than a properly fitted sweater, shirt, or dress does.