Crooked Flap Issues and Fixes?

hasana

Mar 15, 2012
Hey!

It's been a while since I've bought a classic flap, but lately every time I see one I like the flap is slightly crooked, and if I'm going to be paying the current extortionate prices for classic flaps it better be perfect!

I would just say wait til the next batch comes out until you find the perfect one, but when it comes to seasonal colors, there is no option of waiting.

Has anyone been able to fix/rectify a crooked/uneven flap?

My m/l classic flap sometimes is more crooked towards the right or left side, depending on how long I’ve stored the chains on whichever side for awhile. So if I’ve tucked the chains in on the right side for some time, then by the time I take it out to use, the flap skews more to the left. And vice versa. Easily fixable by just storing the chains on the left side next time.

But it would also depend on how ‘crooked’ the flaps are to begin with...

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Does anyone have experience with fixing a crooked flap? Will it go away with use or even out when the bag is filled? Seller confirmed the flap lays crooked. I really like the bag otherwise! This one is leather lined unlike the ones that are fabric lined now, and I just really like this color. Torn!
2AE02804-CD86-44A9-9C71-40CC3D08CD5D.jpeg

It looks like a defect (I just exchanged for a new bag at Chanel due to a crooked flap). Personally I won’t get this bag since the flap is significantly crooked. I highly doubt filling the bag up will help. It is too much money to spend on an obviously defective bag :/

Reactions: Shoppingalways
I have the same concern... I finally found my dream bag that I've been searching for, for years! It is in PRISTINE condition, except I just noticed the flap is lower on the left side (when looking at it); the stitches line up correctly though. Is it too noticeable?

Attachments

• whitechanel.png
    whitechanel.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 315
I have the same concern... I finally found my dream bag that I've been searching for, for years! It is in PRISTINE condition, except I just noticed the flap is lower on the left side (when looking at it); the stitches line up correctly though. Is it too noticeable?
Mine kinda evened out with use. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find one again so I went ahead with the purchase. It sometimes still does lean a little crooked but it’s not too noticeable

F0B30604-8211-4FC3-B05F-6063762F3775.jpeg

Mine kinda evened out with use. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to find one again so I went ahead with the purchase. It sometimes still does lean a little crooked but it’s not too noticeable

View attachment 4473571
How do you even it out with use? I kinda wonder even if you fill out the bag more on the crook side? When you move , the fillings would move too and becomes uneven still

Could someone give a precise instruction of how you do to even it out?

How do you even it out with use? I kinda wonder even if you fill out the bag more on the crook side? When you move , the fillings would move too and becomes uneven still

Could someone give a precise instruction of how you do to even it out?

Sorry I don’t have a quick fix. I meant that over time, the leather on the flap softened and evened out

Reactions: Sakurai888