Croisette - a classic? Thoughts in 2020

TheGrand17

Apr 17, 2020
Hi all - I’m curious what your thoughts are in 2020 about whether or not you think the croisette will become a “classic” bag, or whether you think it will look outdated in 5-10 years time. I personally love the bag & am considering investing, but nervous about whether or not it will hold its value! What do you think? :smile:

It doesn’t hold the value as great as some of the more popular bags (Pochette Métis, Alma bb, favorite mm). You could probably find one on the preloved market for an okay deal.
But if you like the style then it shouldn’t be a problem. I find it to be really classic, there’s nothing with the style that makes me think it will be outdated in ten years time. But it’s not the best selling among LV bags.
Personally I’m a fan and I think you should buy it if you’ve been eyeing it :noworry:

It doesn’t hold the value as great as some of the more popular bags (Pochette Métis, Alma bb, favorite mm). You could probably find one on the preloved market for an okay deal.
But if you like the style then it shouldn’t be a problem. I find it to be really classic, there’s nothing with the style that makes me think it will be outdated in ten years time. But it’s not the best selling among LV bags.
Personally I’m a fan and I think you should buy it if you’ve been eyeing it :noworry:
This is great advice - Thank you for sharing! :smile:

I agree with vodense about it not being as popular and I think I know why. It’s more expensive than other bags it’s range eg. the pochette Métis, speedy etc. and holds less stuff. I’ve had the de croisette since it was released and absolutely love its lady like shape. I’m even contemplating getting the azur too.

I see LV's trendier silhouettes as the ones that look dated eventually, and the Croisette doesn't really have anything that screams trendy to me. Maybe the tassel? But that's removable. It's a bag with a flap, top handle, crossbody strap and statement locks. These are the types of bags with classic components that stand the test of time, IMO.

The Croisette in DE is my first LV bag and I didn't even know that it wasn't as popular as other styles until I got it and saw that there weren't many reviews on it. People do say that they don't prefer it because of the finicky closure and stiff handle, but while I find that to be true, I still love the look of it and the gorgeous red interior :smile: I don't have a chance to wear it out much now because of lock down but I'm excited to pair it with fall/winter outfits soon.

I’ve had the de print version for almost 2 years now and I get compliments every time I wear it out. There’s nothing about it that screams trendy to me or makes me think it will look dated somewhere down the line but I bought it because I liked it and didn’t give much thought about whether it would go out of style.
Ditto. it's a beautiful and feminine shape that can stay classic. I was drawn to it immediately upon release and have loved mine for years.

I don't believe you should judge popularity of an item by youtube or forums, but by LV itself. The bag came out close to 5 years ago already and if it was a loser in the line they would have stopped production; they seem to rotate out products fast. If you're nervous about 'value' then buy one preloved.

This one is on my list of contenders bc it’s gorgeous and won’t be played out like (my unpopular opinion: speedys and the metis) I feel like you almost want to avoid “it” bags and fads by a hair. Remember that cult Gaia bag that exploded and now is no where to be seen bahaha. Like that. This croisette will stand test of time. The DE is gorg

This one is on my list of contenders bc it’s gorgeous and won’t be played out like (my unpopular opinion: speedys and the metis) I feel like you almost want to avoid “it” bags and fads by a hair. Remember that cult Gaia bag that exploded and now is no where to be seen bahaha. Like that. This croisette will stand test of time. The DE is gorg
I just want to say the speedy is a classic and will never go out of style. It is not a trendy piece.

I just want to say the speedy is a classic and will never go out of style. It is not a trendy piece.

I totally agree that a speedy is classic and hasn’t faded to the dust like say.. a chloe paddington or something. But. Definitely I remember a time that I would see them allll over the place like how I was seeing so so so many neverfulls in 2016ish. Now. I rarely see a speedy out and about in my city (personal observation - and I do love my own speedy which is over 13 years old and looking pristine and dang fine).

one could also argue that the celine box and the Hermes Constance had a hey day when the bloggers were literally barfing up photos of this bag constantly in 2014-2016 and yet now... like crickets. But those are definitely still classics.

Last edited:
I totally agree that a speedy is classic and hasn’t faded to the dust like say.. a chloe paddington or something. But. Definitely I remember a time that I would see them allll over the place like how I was seeing so so so many neverfulls in 2016ish. Now. I rarely see a speedy out and about in my city (personal observation - and I do love my own speedy which is over 13 years old and looking pristine and dang fine).

one could also argue that the celine box and the Hermes Constance had a hey day when the bloggers were literally barfing up photos of this bag constantly in 2014-2016 and yet now... like crickets. But those are definitely still classics.
I understand what you mean now and I agree. My speedy is over 10 years old too and while the canvas still looks very good, my vachetta can use replacing. I didn’t fully understand vachetta or how to properly take care of it when I got it in my early 20s. Cheers to the speedy! :drinks:

I’m going to make it a point to bring out my speedy. The wonderful thing about classics is that they’re not just a one and done. They can be reignited into the furor that we are constantly seeing bag after bag on IG. I can’t wait for a speedy revival. (Also a glamlock one too but I actually think that one might never come back). I can’t believe I got the bag for $595 back in the day....