Crocodile...where do you wear it?

I think anyone in France or Belgium would chose a Matte croc for everyday wear (if they could afford it) as it can have a more informal feel (on an Hermes scale, of course). But no one on this side of the ocean would go for shiny croc for an every day use. It looks far too elegant and dressed up.

I went to a wedding in Versailles last year and the groom's stepmom had an amazing cognac shiny croc Birkin. My Black box Kelly looked poor in comparison. But it was a wedding and I am sure this lady would never have taken that bag to work or to the supermarket.

I'd so much love to have a matte croc kelly in Brown.... :sad:

with my old crocs i was used to wear them whenever i was in the mood to do so and as i never care what other people (the ones i don´t know that is :smile: ) think i enjoyed the bag 24/7 if i wanted to

I need to bring this thread up to date...would you wear a shiny crocodile Kelly casually? If so, do you live or go to places where other women are wearing crocodile bags? Hmmm...just in deep thought...
I sold the vintage crocodile Kelly a few years ago and am thinking about one again.

I need to bring this thread up to date...would you wear a shiny crocodile Kelly casually? If so, do you live or go to places where other women are wearing crocodile bags? Hmmm...just in deep thought...
I sold the vintage crocodile Kelly a few years ago and am thinking about one again.

i definitely wear croc casually. i have a great bleu roi that looks fab with jeans and a beautiful colorful missoni jacket. my anthracite i'll wear with a slim-fitting black pant, printed blouse and black cropped (usually) jacket. the anthracite is a great evening bag too, very ladylike and proper when toted with a lovely dress or gown. miel is also a good one with jeans and vintagey leather jacket in the same caramel tones. anyway, my take on croc is wherever, whenever but never in the rain!! "i'm melting" i love love love croc kellys.:heart::heart::heart: they are perfection.

I adore my Matte Croc 25cm and I take that bag all over the place whenever I can and I usually wear jeans, shirt or sweater and boots on an average day......

Me too tesi! Thanks to you and Suzie for your insight into Crocodile Kellys. This doesn't make it any easier on me...lol.

you can definitely find a pre-loved croc kelly right now. mine are all 28's but if you are open to 32's i think there are more options. think about shiny vs. matte. what was the one you gave up?