Crocodile Feeding Frenzy...

Hello again! Sorry I kept everyone in suspense. The bag is indeed pristine and lovely... but in the meantime word had gotten around work and she got another offer for $25k :sad: A bit too rich for my blood right now. Thanks for all the advice... and entertainment :smile: I guess I'll have to go back to shmoozing those SA's like all the rest of the dejected husbands this season. Happy holidays, everyone!!

Thanks GF! My initial plan was for our anniversary, but when this came along, I figured I'd roll with it :smile: Very true about the crocodiles, btw. As a matter of fact, next time I see one, I'll try to convince it to come to a nice atelier to make it into something beautiful.

Aww sorry to hear that--I THOUGHT it was an incredibly low price!

Yeah, I could tell it was something of a panic sale - she found herself with 10 days to go and short on cash, and became more willing to deal low. It was touching and suprising that she was willing to part with the red croc to buy the benz... kind of like a really upscale "gift of the maggi" :smile:

wow, well I'm sorry that I read through the thread to find out it didn't work out for you! Ah, but sometimes these things are for the best. It sounds like she got a better deal for her hubby's car, so that's good...

so, the hunt continues???

So close, yet so far away. BUMMER!!! You know, you never can predict what you might find at a store. I hear that Tuesdays are good days to visit. And keep an eye on the Inventory thread. Lovely tPFers are checking all the time!

wow, well I'm sorry that I read through the thread to find out it didn't work out for you! Ah, but sometimes these things are for the best. It sounds like she got a better deal for her hubby's car, so that's good...

so, the hunt continues???

Yep, and I have plenty of time before the big day, so I'm not worried (yet). I actually had a chance to buy a 30cm Gold a couple weeks ago, but it was a bit scuffed (and the wrong size and color), so I passed on it. Thanks again for all the help!