Croco viola dylan

missyb

O.G.
May 29, 2007
Does anyone have a viola dylan? How is the leather? Do you think the leather is better then botkier or kooba. What other brands would you compare Linea Pelle too? Sorry for all the million questions! I just ordered this bag from bloomies never seeing the bag in person so I'm not sure what to expect. Thanks for all your help!!!!

http://forum.purseblog.com/linea-pelle/lp-dylan-croc-shoulder-bag-love-it-335057.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/linea-pelle/update-on-the-linea-pelle-corco-leather-327843.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/linea-pelle/croc-dylan-colors-344118.html

Megs and Vlad have them and have reviewed these for us.

http://www.purseblog.com/shoulder-bags/linea-pelle-dylan-croco-shoulder-bag.html

What style did you buy ?
I wouldn't compare LP leather to any others; it's very different and much nicer than other brands, including those you mentioned. Don't expect anything like you've known before.
The Croco is drum-dyed, enzyme washed & stone tumbled Italian lambskin which is then HAND embossed... That means beautiful, velvety, earthy, thick, and (often called) smooshy leather.
You can expect great craftsmanship, quality solid brass hardware, good organization, the best softy leather in the world and a fabulous looking bag !
I'm happy for you ! :wlae:
Viola seems to be the most wanted of all, so we will need your pictures !

Last edited:
I just got my first LP bag, and the leather is amazingly soft, supple, and just...well, I want to keep touching it. It's beautiful. I've not owned many designer bags, but I've felt a lot of them at the stores (sounds awful, eh?), and only one Marc by Marc Jacobs bag came close to the soft texture of the leather; still didn't beat it or even match it, but the one purple bag I drooled over was close.

What I find most suprising about the clutch I got is the softness is combined with some sheen. Not patent sheen, but still some sheen. Usually, soft doesn't go with sheen from what I've seen/tried.

Personally, the pebbled leathers don't appeal to me, but I saw some last week and they, too, were totally soft. Usually, embossed leathers are not so soft.

i got an LP Dylan Croco Long Zip Wallet in the Viola and the leather is the softest i have ever felt. i have a couple Rebecca Minkoff bags, a Gryson, a Kale, and nothing compares to the softness. the color is also TDF. enjoy!

Thank you everyone for your help! I had seen what Meg wrote but I wanted some opinions from you guys out there! It is the hobo style dylan bag. I should be picking it up this weekend so as soon as I get it I will post pics. Thanks again!

Thank you everyone for your help! I had seen what Meg wrote but I wanted some opinions from you guys out there! It is the hobo style dylan bag. I should be picking it up this weekend so as soon as I get it I will post pics. Thanks again!
You will love that style ! It is the best hobo bag ever, with that ziparound expansion feature, It's an everyday or travel dream !

I tried the Viola Croc Dylan on in the store (Clutch in Seattle). It was fabulous. The leather is some of the softest I've felt, and I carry a smooshy Rebecca Minkoff bag as my everyday bag. I hope you love it!

I believe Viola is a deep purplish color. I hope that's right cause I ordered one too and its been shippped! Yay!

I LOVE LP! I think they're one of the most overlooked bags out there.

Last edited:
My Croco Dylan arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. What a truly lovely bag it is! I'm going to put my stuff in it immediately! :heart:

Attachments

• Dylan2.jpg
    Dylan2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 283
My Croco Dylan arrived today and I couldn't be more pleased. What a truly lovely bag it is! I'm going to put my stuff in it immediately! :heart:

It's STUNNING! I think it looks more purple with flash, but actually it's closer to black, right? I got myself this color in the shoulder bag version,too, can't wait to get it!

It's STUNNING! I think it looks more purple with flash, but actually it's closer to black, right? I got myself this color in the shoulder bag version,too, can't wait to get it!

It kind of depends on the light: we're having a nice sunny day and outside, the bag looks more purple, but when I take it inside, it does look more black.

Can't wait to see yours! :tup: