Croc Universel for Saint Louis & Anjou, anyone?

yoshikitty

O.G.
Oct 23, 2013
I have a mini Anjou and considering to get the Croc Universal to secure the bag.
I don't feel safe carrying an open bag.

On the website, it said it's for soft bags like Saint Louis and Anjou.

Anyone has the experience with it? Is the magnet very strong? Can you open it with one hand?
Will it look too big on the mini Anjou?

I have a mini Anjou and considering to get the Croc Universal to secure the bag.

Anyone has the experience with it? Is the magnet very strong? Can you open it with one hand?
I have one that I bought to use with my Anjou PM. While I’m glad I bought it, it’s not the perfect solution because the magnet is not that strong (you can open it with one hand) and sometimes it is pulled apart by movement (for example if one shoulder strap moves higher than the other, the force will cause the closure to separate). That might happen less frequently on the mini Anjou because of its smaller size - I’m not sure. I think it will be fine size-wise on the mini - mine measures 2 inches wide and 3 inches long.

• Thanks
Reactions: yoshikitty

I was thinking a bit more about whether the clasp will work with your mini Anjou and I’m thinking that it might not, because of the small size of the bag. Unless you’re carrying very little, I’d worry that the closer the bag is packed to the top, the less effective the magnetic closure will be. If the front and back of the bag are pulled away from one another because of the items you’re carrying, the closure won’t work.

I think your best bet would be a good drawstring bag. I have a canvas Loewe drawstring bag with leather “strings”, which works like a charm with my open-topped Loewe basket bag. Hopefully you can find one that fits the Anjou mini.

Thank you so much for your input. :heart: You are right.... I didn't think about if it will work when I put more things in the bag. At the moment, I just use a light weight Sanrio drawstring bag. I think I will just stick to it. Thanks again!

Reactions: Lillianlm
An SA in Paris once actually talked me out of buying one. In his opinion, it didn’t work very well as a form of securing contents. I did get an insert with a zippered pocket which met my needs well.

It's not a good way to secure anything. It is a good idea on paper and okay in reality if you have a few items at the bottom of your bag, otherwise the bag will pop open - the croc universel doesn't really have clamp down power like you'd think.

We are bag twin! :heart::biggrin: Thank you very much for taking your time to post the picture. Will it pop open when you have a lot of things in the bag?
Your welcome..
I never carry a lot, just pouch, card holder, small plastic bag for hand sanitizer and wet wipes, iphone pro max, car key in LV cles which is not inside this picture but can fit. I use organizer from Samorga. I am too scared too scratch the inside leather so organizer is a must for me. It works fine, never pop.
AD7016F8-511E-47F2-A40E-FA94BD2A947D.png
EBA3D844-6230-48F9-80D2-0C093BB6BFE5.png

Your welcome..
I never carry a lot, just pouch, card holder, small plastic bag for hand sanitizer and wet wipes, iphone pro max, car key in LV cles which is not inside this picture but can fit. I use organizer from Samorga. I am too scared too scratch the inside leather so organizer is a must for me. It works fine, never pop.
View attachment 5754774
View attachment 5754775
Hello I just wanted to ask how you are attaching the universel croc clip? Just got one from Goyard to use on St Louis PM bags - black and Claire Voie -but not quite sure how to use it. I would like to attach to the bag (handles) so it doesn't get lost

IMG_4188.jpeg

Hello I just wanted to ask how you are attaching the universel croc clip? Just got one from Goyard to use on St Louis PM bags - black and Claire Voie -but not quite sure how to use it. I would like to attach to the bag (handles) so it doesn't get lost

View attachment 5848419
Lay the clip and loop over one of the handles. Then thread the clip around the handle and through the loop. It’ll stay secure. It’s hard to explain but hopefully these photos will help.

IMG_2559.jpeg

IMG_2560.jpeg