Croc Speedy 30 vs. leather Birkin?

I would rather have a....

• Crocodile Speedy 30

• non-Croc Hermes Birkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am just thinking in terms of $$$ spent vs how often are you going to use it. I can't see a croc speedy being an every day/evey occasion bag where as a Birkin can go anywhere any time. Just my two cents.:idea:

While I can appreciate that a Birkin is a very versatile bag..I do not agree that it can go anywhere anytime..It rather big and appeals to me as more of a tote/luggage. I think it looks RIDICULOUS when women where there Birkins to formal events or as there "going out" bag. It looks like there carrying "everything but the kitchen sink". :shrugs: Maybe women carry it all the time to justify the price (even really rich people MIGHT have the "cost per use" rule).

Please don't get me wrong I'm not saying that I think the Croc speedy would be a bag that would an anytime anywhere bag, I'm just clarifying how I see a birkin.

I had a Coach Croc (real Croc..from coach, I know shocking) satchel. It was beautiful and it had a similar shape to the speedy. It was fushia pink w/ rose gold hardware. There were only 4 made in the whole world. How do I know this, I owned 2! See what happend was the first bag the die started to wear off of the croc skin (the bag started to appear grey around the edges) It was sent into Coach and they said the bag was defective, they told me that only 4 were made world wide and that they were not sure if they could get me another one. Long story short they got me another one and it did the same thing @ $5500 I returned the bag and the $2700 matching croc clutch/pochette/wristlet and got my money back. I was heart broken I loved loved that set. This is how I came to love LV though, so this is a positive. Anyways my point was I would love to replace my croc satchel and I thought that the croc speedy would be a good replacement. I did carry that bag everywhere except when "going out" as it was too big (that's why I bought the matching clutch)!

While I can appreciate that a Birkin is a very versatile bag..I do not agree that it can go anywhere anytime..It rather big and appeals to me as more of a tote/luggage. I think it looks RIDICULOUS when women where there Birkins to formal events or as there "going out" bag. It looks like there carrying "everything but the kitchen sink". :shrugs: Maybe women carry it all the time to justify the price (even really rich people MIGHT have the "cost per use" rule).

I beg to differ:

Sloan Barnett.jpg

gigi.jpg

purple.JPG

img10012415167%2520copy.jpg

iracynthia22%3D%3D.jpg

Hardly looks like "luggage" to me. But then again, to each their own.

Plus, you can't really compare the two anyways. It's like comparing apples and oranges. I think people generally buy Hermes because THEY love it and not because it's won a poll.;)

[/QUOTE] Hardly looks like "luggage" to me. But then again, to each their own.

Plus, you can't really compare the two anyways. It's like comparing apples and oranges. I think people generally buy Hermes because THEY love it and not because it's won a poll.;)[/QUOTE]

Yep "to each their own" I would NOT spend 12k** on a bag becuase it won a poll on a purse forum--that would INSANE (not that spending 12k on a handbag means you are sane)

I'm just posting to have a discussion not becuase I'm looking for every one here to tell me what to buy. I don't undertand why people get soooo defense about hermes. It's not like it is the end all be all. People rip on LV all the time and I could care less. I've seen the pics of the ladies carrying birkin's. I didn't just say that with out cheacking out loads of pictures first. I've been nanomemters away from buying a birkin off ebay (a 30 cm togo potiron w/ pall HW) about 3 times now and every time I chicken out--the only thing I can think of is deep down in side I really don't like the bag and I don't want to admit it cuz it's like a "sin against the handbag gods"

**please note I say 12k b/c this is the $of the croc speedy and what the price of a birkin (from authentic sellers) is on ebay at this time:nuts: :nuts:

My vote goes to the Croc because after 10 years I still want this bag and it's still attainable. The Hermes is a like a shooting star with a tail of list I will never be able to catch a ride on to even acquire a Birken.

Nobody is getting defensive. Just "having a discussion".:graucho: I could care less if people would rip on Hermes either. It doesn't bother me at all if some one doesn't like the brand. It's not like it effects me personally.

P.S. Birkins pop up on eBay quite often for much less than 12K and if you are not picky about the color/hardware combo, you can find one for around 7K and up which is not really that insane. Good luck with your decision!:kiss: