Croc Speedy 30 vs. leather Birkin?

I would rather have a....

• Crocodile Speedy 30

• non-Croc Hermes Birkin

Results are only viewable after voting.
i'd go for a croc Speedy..... everybody's got a Birkin, its not that exclusive anymore. just expensive :yes:

btw, shame on you people..... this is a Louis Vuitton Forum! tsk-tsk.

I vote for the Croc Speedy. I love exotice leathers. Birkins are nice and all but I think getting in and out of the bag is rather time consuming. Its a gorgeous bag, dont get me wrong, I have seen 34828 of them and played with like 4. I dont really care for Hermes though. There products dont jump out at me.

I personally don't see what all the fuss is about with a Birkin. To me it is nothing special. If they were priced at $199 and readily available, no one would want one.

So, I vote for the Croc Speedy!

I am just thinking in terms of $$$ spent vs how often are you going to use it. I can't see a croc speedy being an every day/evey occasion bag where as a Birkin can go anywhere any time. Just my two cents.:idea:

I am just thinking in terms of $$$ spent vs how often are you going to use it. I can't see a croc speedy being an every day/evey occasion bag where as a Birkin can go anywhere any time. Just my two cents.:idea:

but if one can afford a $12,000 bag, surely one doesn't have to consider cost-per-use would they? it wouldn't be their only bag too ;)

I realize I must have a purse gene missing somewhere, but the shape of the Birkin doesn't appeal to me at all. Sure, if someone offered me one I would take it as a collector's item, but the chances are good I would never carry it. And for those who say I must have never owned a Birkin, you are right. Perhaps if I had one and were forced to carry it a few times I would change my mind.

mmmm I didn't feel so much the birkin but when I saw a guy in barcelona with a large birkin (have no idea the size but it was big ) he looked soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazingly good that I fell in love LOL with the bag of course...
in any case I think I would love the croc speedy I think it is a lot more unique than the birkin in normall leather