Croc or leather wallet suggestions please

AnnaLou

Nov 14, 2022
Hello Lovely Folks!
I am hoping that folks here can suggest a good wallet. I would prefer material that is or looks like crocodile but am open to leather in general. My beloved wallet is starting to show wear and I really should replace it. I would like to replace it with something as close to it as possible. It is faux-croc, real leather, long (bill-length), opens up at the top with a folding clasp, and has multiple sections. It holds quite a bit.

The replacement doesn't have to be exact, but if anyone has any suggestions or would like to recommend their own favorite wallet, I would love to hear about it!

Thanks!

Here's a photo of my current wallet. I would love to find something as similar as possible.

It is 7.5 inches (long enough to hold a check book). I love the 4 open pockets plus the zipped coin pocket. Plus there are card holders at the back and on each side of the dividers. Opening with a clasp at the top makes it so easy to use because I can access my cards without even having to take the wallet out of my purse sometimes.

The only things I have seen that come close to this many pockets, have a long zipper closure going around the sides and top. I hate these as I have to take the wallet out of my handbag and use both hands to unzip the wallet. Sometimes this is inconvenient. This wallet can be opened and accessed one-handed.

I've even been looking at small clutches as an alternative, but those tend to either have buckles or flaps that make them harder to open, or they only have one large pocket inside.

I've been to every store in the mall, including Coach, and can't find anything that opens with a clasp on the top and has so many pockets. I tried looking up the exact brand but all I can find is another used one on Poshmark, and obviously I'm looking for something that isn't already showing wear. Seems like it isn't made anymore. I've also looked online at multiple department stores (Saks, Macy's, Nordstrom) and at many different brand names direct websites. I've even searched on Etsy. Since I have found nothing like this, this is obviously not a popular style, so there may be nothing anyone can do. If anyone does know of something though, I would be grateful to learn of it.

Thanks!!

20221128_104950.jpg

Reactions: A bottle of Red
What's funny is I think my mom got this particular one from JC Pennys or Walmart or somewhere like that. It is real leather but not a fancy brand. BUT it has lasted daily use for over 15 years!! :eek:

I mean, I don't know what she paid (unquestionably under $50 because she would NEVER have spent more than that) but I certainly got her money's worth out it and then some!

I'm actually contemplating seeing if I can reuse the clasp and the insides, which are still in great shape. It's just the outer leather on the edges that is starting to show wear and look tacky. I'm wondering if I can replace the outer leather with either new leather or fabric. I sew, so it might be possible. I'm concerned the clasp might break irreparably though if I try to unscrew the little screws. They might just be decorative too. Well, if I do figure something out, I'll post a picture here. :amuse:

Reactions: A bottle of Red