Croc, Lizard or Ostrich ??

Thank you so much :yes:
Now I can shop in peace and not worry about airport security !!

I'm wondering if handbags (like my hermes bags) are allowed on European flights ! Will I have to check those in as well ??? :hysteric:

I saw some people who were on the United flight carrying handbags, albeit not on the same size scale as a Birkin/Kelly.

Ostrich wears SUPER well! :yes: Super resistant and light weight & lasts forever!
Lizard, is great because it's like the "poor girl's croc" I mean (personally) i like it JUST as much.. because i think you get that "glossy shiny reptile look" for HALF the price or LESS!:P and croc.. well croc is magnificent... nothing to add there...but it has it's downside in that... it's a bit heavy... and you have to sometimes fight to close it up.. but if you wear yours open- who cares? Also, remember you have to take care of croc and lizard:angel: ( whereas Ostrich can stay out in the rain and survive just fine).
just a side note to :GT, I had a Birkin 30 in Lizard...special order.. which I traded to my SIL a few years ago...she gave me her vert anis ostrich instead.. which I luv!!:heart: so I know they DO or DID make them up to a size 30... maybe no more...
Anyway, I wan you to know that Lizard in a 25 is Super Cute for evening!! I got a fuschia one jsut recently! And I am waiting for a poudre this year.... (can't wait)

responding to Avantdome's reply. According to Hermes US. Every type of croc they make is now "admissable". Indeed, Porosus didn't used to be.. that's why they didn't even carry it or let your order it in the US bputiques, but they've allowed it now for a couple of years... so as long as you have your CITES you're fine. Best of luck to you! And... remember if you can't find a precious skin and still want something different from leather.. there is pigskin, which has little follicles just like ostrich in a way... and shiny goat skin (chevre) is great too! And both of those are non- cow- a little more $$ than regular leather.. and special but still less $ than ostrich, lizard & co...

Ostrich wears SUPER well! :yes: Super resistant and light weight & lasts forever!
Lizard, is great because it's like the "poor girl's croc" I mean (personally) i like it JUST as much.. because i think you get that "glossy shiny reptile look" for HALF the price or LESS!:P and croc.. well croc is magnificent... nothing to add there...but it has it's downside in that... it's a bit heavy... and you have to sometimes fight to close it up.. but if you wear yours open- who cares? Also, remember you have to take care of croc and lizard:angel: ( whereas Ostrich can stay out in the rain and survive just fine).
just a side note to :GT, I had a Birkin 30 in Lizard...special order.. which I traded to my SIL a few years ago...she gave me her vert anis ostrich instead.. which I luv!!:heart: so I know they DO or DID make them up to a size 30... maybe no more...
Anyway, I wan you to know that Lizard in a 25 is Super Cute for evening!! I got a fuschia one jsut recently! And I am waiting for a poudre this year.... (can't wait)

YES, i agree, the 25 birkin is super cute for evenings!

ooooooo, that fuschia one is TDF! i have the vermillion 25 birkin lizard and it's my fave dinner-outing bag!

responding to Avantdome's reply. According to Hermes US. Every type of croc they make is now "admissable". Indeed, Porosus didn't used to be.. that's why they didn't even carry it or let your order it in the US bputiques, but they've allowed it now for a couple of years... so as long as you have your CITES you're fine. Best of luck to you! And... remember if you can't find a precious skin and still want something different from leather.. there is pigskin, which has little follicles just like ostrich in a way... and shiny goat skin (chevre) is great too! And both of those are non- cow- a little more $$ than regular leather.. and special but still less $ than ostrich, lizard & co...

there is a pigskin?? :confused1: :confused1: any pics?? am curious to see.

What are your views about these 3 exotics ???

I like the way lizard looks and would love it in black or white. The tiny scales remind me of tiny diamonds and appear as if they would undulate. Dangerous and sexy. :love:

Does anyone know if Hermes still produce alligator items? I have seen a vintage alligator Kelly in a book on handbags. The sides of the bag are made with the neck and jowls of the alligator...

Hi ladies :P

I would so love to own a croc !! But the price is :wtf:
I have purses in ostrich and lizard. I love both, I'm just missing a croco in my family ;)

I don't think the lizard comes in a 30cm birkin, hence I may have to settle for a ostrich.

I already have a ostrich kelly, I love it because its so light !!! Just don't know if they can last 10, 20 years to make it worth their price !!

i've heard that the lizard don't age well :upsidedown: so I'm trying not to buy anymore lizard stuff :hysteric: even though I agree its beautiful and light wt and shiny :angel: