Croc embossed suede - lasting well?

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Australia
Hi everyone! I'm interested in a Muse Two in Coffee Croc-Embossed Suede. The bag is utterly beautiful, but I've never had a suede bag before as I worry about it's resilience.

So I'm wondering for those of you who have had this kind of leather on your Downtowns, Muse Two's or Besace bags.. how is it holding up? I look after my bags but still don't like to have to be precious with them when carrying them, and if the suede is likely to end up with bald patches or to absorb stains just from the smells in the air I'd simply never use it! :nogood:

Would love to hear your thoughts. Also is it possible to waterproof the bag with Collonil or some other product?

The bag I'm interested in is identical to this one on ebay. Gorgeous, huh? :girlsigh::heart:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320336105065

kasumi168

Obsessive Collector
O.G.
May 16, 2006
Franks, i've just gotten my muse 2, which is half leather, and croc embossed suede (front, handle and bottom) and i've used it for 2 days in our searing Sydney weather at the moment, and it's had no problems. Mind you i had treated it with generous lashings of Appleguard before hand.

Hope someone who has had one for longer can chime in

FrankieP

O.G.
Jun 24, 2006
Australia
Thanks Kasumi! Is Appleguard easy to find here? Does the leather feel different after you spray it? I was thinking of getting Collonil but is Apple's easier to find that'd be good too!

BagLover21

NYC
O.G.
Sep 27, 2007
hi frankie,

I have a teal muse II in croc-emboassed suede. I've carried it about 5 or 6 times and I've never had a problem with it. I don't carry it everyday, but I still think it's been really resilient. Go for it!

kasumi168

Obsessive Collector
O.G.
May 16, 2006
I got Appleguard sent from leatherstuff.com a while back (though i'm not sure if they can send aerosoles to AUS any longer) but other leather/suede protectors should do the trick. This is what most LV users use to care and protect their leathers

It does not change the feel of the leather/suede at all (and i'm quite heavy handed). I guess you only realise a slight darkening if you spray it on new vachetta or really light colours.

I have used our local stuff too (the ones you find at the shoe shops), and it works too, but i haven't tried it on suede though.

If you can find Collonil here, let me know, as they're advertised in the Japanese Hermes/LV Brand type magazines for protecting leather, so i would like to try it too