croc birkin: what to do with lock, keys and clochette?

Hello,

I hang my lock, keys and clochette on my regular leather birkin handle, the way Victoria Beckham does. (attached)
I did the same for my croc (shiny) birkin, until I realized it was scratching the surface on the front of the bag! :sad:

How should I wear the lock and keys on my croc birkin?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• Victoria Beckham Hermes Birkin.jpg
    Victoria Beckham Hermes Birkin.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 4,587
  • Victoria-Beckham-Hermes-Crocodile-Birkin.jpg
    Victoria-Beckham-Hermes-Crocodile-Birkin.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 5,684
sakara54......... Thank you for your clarification........... I always assume that the covered lock was made so that it will not scratch the leather.......... I guess I have been wrong then............

I don't put it on because beautiful as they are I like to see the full panel of the animals scale and natural design I feel that in croc as opsed to leather interrupts the beauty !

I leave my lock, keys & clochette in the box. Hanging them off the strap is not worth it - you have to worry about scratches, smileys & dinging the croc.

Sometimes I think about hanging the croc lock & clochette from another "regular" leather B, but I'm too lazy to do so :P

It would be one way to make use of the "extra" croc bits - you could use it with both ghw & phw bags as the croc covers the lock hw.