croc birkin: what to do with lock, keys and clochette?

amberle

Apr 17, 2010
Hi, I would use the croc birkin without the lock and the clochette..I wouldn't risk to scratch such a beauty..hope it helps!:flowers:

sakara54

Hermes Lover
Nov 14, 2006
Dear P sydspy, even it is a covered lock.... It still scratches the surface of crocodile. :faint:

sydspy

Sep 6, 2009
Sydney
sakara54......... Thank you for your clarification........... I always assume that the covered lock was made so that it will not scratch the leather.......... I guess I have been wrong then............

Mar 2, 2007
yes unfortunately the covered lock does leave scratches as sakara54 said...
I guess I'll just have to leave the keys at home..and perhaps put the lock on the center ring(?) part.

birkel

O.G.
Jan 17, 2009
I don't put it on because beautiful as they are I like to see the full panel of the animals scale and natural design I feel that in croc as opsed to leather interrupts the beauty !

SimoneR

in an orange abyss
O.G.
Nov 24, 2008
I leave my lock, keys & clochette in the box. Hanging them off the strap is not worth it - you have to worry about scratches, smileys & dinging the croc.

Sometimes I think about hanging the croc lock & clochette from another "regular" leather B, but I'm too lazy to do so :P

It would be one way to make use of the "extra" croc bits - you could use it with both ghw & phw bags as the croc covers the lock hw.