Travel croatia with girlfriend!

emmaamme

Jul 9, 2008
hi everyone
me and my friend are planning to go to croatia in he summer for abut 8 days. but we were looking and there seems like there's just so many places to go. we're so confused??!?! jrfurtghhtg.

we're looking for places, we're 16&17, somewhere suitable for that age. good shopping, nice beaches, fun nightlife.

if anyone could suggest anything, that woul dbe amazing. any ideas on somewhere called *** dalmatie or something?!

thanksx

The hot spots in Croatia are Dubrovnik and Split. Split's more resort city like and has more to do, Dubrovnik is more of a small beach town. I'm so jealous I'm dying to go to Croatia! You should have some good nightlife too :P

yep.. i actually just came back from 1 day visit to Croatia... It was so peaceful and beautiful, to say the least! Dubrovnik is amazing... the scenery... the beach.. the hotels... the museums... the churches...just breathtaking... you will enjoy it... lots of boutiques in Dubrovnik... not that expensive though...ENJOYYYYYYYYY!

thank you so much!!!! yeah we think we'll stay in split, and then go to some islands for a day or two.. like HVAR and by the sounds of it, definitely DUBROVNIK!!! thank you for your help. would you recommend it for kids our age? thank you thank you !:smile:
when you mean boutiques.. what kind of stuff are we talking here? :nuts:

@emmaamme

Dubrovnik can be pricey for people who live in the region. I'm talking about coffee shops, night life, restaurants etc. Lot of my friends went there bc it's close to Montenegro where they were spending their vacation. I don't know what's your budget but according to some reports Dubrovnik is the most expensive city in Croatia. But you can always go there on 1 day :smile:

Last edited:
hmmm i've been looking up, and croatia doesnt seem too big for shopping anywhere in the ****ry
we need to keep the place close and not that expensive as were already going to turkey and stuff.

hvar in croatia looks beautiful :smile:
thanks for all the help!

I have been to Dubrovnik and stayed inside the city walls. I'm embarrassed to say I didn't really partake of the nightlife but I noticed they actually have quite a few pubs and bars, some even with live music. You have to know where to go though. I read that just outside the walls is an area with lots of nightlife in the way of dancing and clubs. I saw a really cool open air club looking thing on Banje beach. I'm sure it's probably a club at night. It is literally right on the beach. We stayed within the walls but it is much, much cheaper to stay just outside of the walls. Have fun!

I would def. recommend Split as your base, very beautiful city, you can shop there( second biggest city) and you could take a bus one day to Dubrovnik, one day to Hvar which is quite expensive for croatian standards in last few years because many famous people visit Hvar with the yahts. I would suggest you also to take some tourist cruise ship, not too expensive and explore many beautiful islands and wild beaches..You will have wonderful time, Im sure..

thanks!!! yeah i wanna be in hvar for a few days, got a friend there and heard its amazing. might stay 5 nights in split, and 3 in hvar or something!! thanks for the help =] hahaha yeah i heard its HOT. nice tanning (;

You are too young to really enjoy Hvar. http://www.suncanihvar.com/amfora We stayed here and the town was two minutes away. Hvar is one of the most expensive places in Croatia. I would recommend Krk because you are so young and my cousin really loved it there. Hvar is a lovely island, but I would wait a couple of years before I would go there if I were you. Also I loved Dubrovnik. I went out almost every night and had so much fun. Split was okey, but the "eaches was dispointing.

And please do remember that the prices have gone up because they are going to join the EU soon. Also the country has become extremly popular. So save up money and enjoy!