Criticize my outfit for today!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    I always follow the "post your outfit for today!" thread and I'm always admiring the pics. My outfits look nothing like that... So I was thinking: why not open a thread where other tpf'ers can give advice on how to make a certain outfit look bett

2. I think I should go first?

Here's my outfit for today:
    zara jeans
    zara cashmere sweater
    leather no brand boots
    Anya Hindmarch for target bag with LV heart

Attached Files:

3. First, I gotta say, i LOVE your LV heart :heart:!!!!

Hmmm, maybe add some layers to the outfit (jacket, vest...) and some accessories (scarf, long necklace)?

4. This is a good idea, albeit not for the sensitive!

I would add a thin belt ..

5. I would add a bright color scarf. It would pop (since your entire outfit is neutral color). I red one would be nice, because it would match your LV heart.

6. It's a choice to enter this thread and we're all adults, I think this can go in a polite way?

I allready love the responses. It's often a simple thing I just didn't think off. I like the scarf and thin belt idea!

7. Good idea, I would suggest a thick belt and maybe a layered necklace. Love your LV heart btw and your boots!

8. This is a good idea!

And yeah, I think it would look awesome if you had a chunky knit sweater vest (an open sweater with no buttons of anything) and a cute skinny or regular sized patent black belt with a silver buckle (to match the bag's hardware). I don't know, I think that'd look super cute..

9. I love all the ideas! Sometimes I get so stuck on outfits..

I just hope there'll be others to join me in this post :P

10. Another question: How to wear belt? I'm tall with long legs and a short torso. I feel a waist belt makes me look out of proportion or do I wear it a tad lower than my waist?

11. I would add a long necklace (layered, thin or chunky) to your outfit or a colorful scarf.

12. I love this thread! Great idea. I'm a SAHM and right now I'm in jeans and a hoodie so I can criticize my own outfit today but I will definitely join in at some point.

Pinkgoldfish, I'm built like you so I'll just be borrowing your critiques for now.:supacool:

13. I agree with this! It's a great outfit and a pop of color would complete it nicely! :tup:

14. I'd add a long necklace and some bangles

15. Great idea for a thread! I might have to post some of my outfits. I know I definitely need help.
    I would definitely add a colorful scarf to the outfit. A red one would be great to match the LV heart!