Cristie Alfie? I just bought an interesting bag from the Hayden-Harnett website...

eyegirl2k7

May 5, 2008
I was wondering if anyone has a Cristie Alfie bag. I found a link to a page of her bags on sale on the Hayden Harnett website while I was picking up a black turnlock clutch wallet to match the Lorca that I have coming in the mail. I bought a white bag called the 23rd st cafe bag for only $10.30. Does this line belong to Hayden Harnett too? Any idea what the quality of these bags are like?

Thanks so much:smile:

there have been a couple threads on this...apparently CA is a friend of HH and some of her bags were sold through them. I ordered a few bags but haven't gotten them yet. Some other people have had problems with the CA bags arriving smelling of mildew, so hopefully we won't have that problem :smile:

ok my bags just got here...upon opening the box there is a bit of a musty smell, but its more like the bags were kept in someone's basement, as opposed to them actually smelling mildewy (if that makes sense lol). Im hoping the stink will go away if I air them out . Maybe its from the warehouse they use.

Odd thing is nothing came wrapped, they were all just tossed in the box. 2 came with dustbags inside, one did not

ok my bags just got here...upon opening the box there is a bit of a musty smell, but its more like the bags were kept in someone's basement, as opposed to them actually smelling mildewy (if that makes sense lol). Im hoping the stink will go away if I air them out . Maybe its from the warehouse they use.

Odd thing is nothing came wrapped, they were all just tossed in the box. 2 came with dustbags inside, one did not

Which ones did you order, Sukey? I'm a bit amused that the site says only! 79! remaining! order! soon! for The Post. :biggrin: I ordered The Times and The Voice but it will take a while to get to Canada.

the post, the dolly and the cosmo clutch

the dolly and the cosmo smell the worst...Im totally wheezing and sneezing now

ETA which is ashame b/c they are really cute bags and I like them a lot. They need to store them in plastic

I also ordered the 23rd St. Cafe, the Voice and the Times. After I read a few posts about the smell situation, I sent cs an email begging them to check my bags before they shipped them out to make sure they didn't smell.

They look like very cute, knockaround bags, and for $58 out the door, I can't complain. Maybe Febreze would help.

:nuts: