Crinkled Patent vs. Smooth Patent...Differences?

Crinkled vs the Smooth Patent. What are the differences?

I've heard from some knowledgeable people here that the smooth can have:
fingerprints
fading over time
easy to care for
gets crinkly over time

but haven't heard much about the crinkled patent...any differences in wear, shine or durability? I'm considering a crinkled patent bag so any info appreciated!

I have a crinkle patent Alex and it is holding up great. I just bought the krinkle patent Mia Maggie in cranberry but haven't had it long enough to tell yet. I expect it to hold up every bit as well as my Alex, which still looks brand new. I can see where the smooth patent would show fingerprints easily.

I have a crinkle patent Alex and it is holding up great. I just bought the krinkle patent Mia Maggie in cranberry but haven't had it long enough to tell yet. I expect it to hold up every bit as well as my Alex, which still looks brand new. I can see where the smooth patent would show fingerprints easily.

PS, I see you are a cat lover too. Wish Coach would make a kitty fob. There are a lot of we TPF'ers who would like that.

I have both. I don't really see many fingerprints on my Sophia because it isn't like I am putting my fingers all over it or allowing others to do the same. I only touch my handles or the shoulder strap and you can't see fingerprints at all there. I guess if I was touching it, I would leave them though.

I actually love my crimson patent Sophia more than my crinkle/textured patent Zoe (fp), but they are both different enough to have them of course. I think smooth looks a little more sophisticated and can be dressed up more whereas the crinkle seems more on the casual side. I haven't been using my Zoe since I got Sophia. I like the style of Sophia more (at least now)

I do think that Zoe feels like the patent leather is thicker whereas Sophia is thinner. I think both are easy to take care of though.

Patent crinkled leather Zoe:
so soft and can slouch
adds texture
no issues with fingerprints or fading
easy care

Smooth patent leather Sabrina:
little more structured than crinkled leather
no issues with fingerprints or fading
easy care

I like both patent bags and tend to be drawn to patent bags more lately

I have had crinkled leather....they don't get as dusty as regular patent either. virtually maintenance free, if they do natural creasing you don't see it as you would with smooth patent....still shiny though but not kapow in your face shiny. Love mine