Crinkle patent?

BattahZ

Jul 12, 2009
Since I can't check it out in person - what's crinkle patent like in person? Black, specifically? Is it pretty luxe-looking, or does it look plasticky? I generally favor softer leathers, but it would be nice to get something different that's still neutral enough to match most outfits.

Thanks!

Hi, I just posted on your other thread. The black Corcovado is a straight patent, not one of the "crinkle" patents (those came in Violet and Tan). The Black Patent HH came out with in the Corcovado is beautiful, thick, and repels water and dirt, but yes, it has that plastic-y feel that most patents have.

I just want to add, that it's pretty smooshy for a patent leather - compared to other designers' patents. It won't collapse in a puddle when empty, but it will sink a little bit - just not super stiff.

I have a black patent corcovado and it's my go to work bag in the harshest of weathers.

Thanks for the info, ladies! The patent sounds better-suited to being used as a work bag - I worry about damaging pretty leather with all of my work crap and in the rain.

I don't have the black patent, but I have a Pilot in the Tan Crinkle, and it's lovely. Very delicious-looking and quite smooshy, not plastic-looking at all.

Faf, that's the difference between the Crinkle patents (in Tan and Violet) and the Black and Khaki regular patents. The CPs end up looking more like leather, I think (I have the TCP Pilot). The two patents on the Corcovado are much smoother and hence a bit more plastic-y, but that also means they're probably more durable in the long run (although my TCP Pilot seems pretty indesctructible!)