*cries*

Cosmopolitan

former tPF mod
O.G.
May 23, 2006
Do you mean its closed permanently because of the economy? Recently YSL boutiques closed on Madison Ave NYC and in San Francisco as well, if I remember correctly.

Mar 10, 2007
USA
Do you mean its closed permanently because of the economy? Recently YSL boutiques closed on Madison Ave NYC and in San Francisco as well, if I remember correctly.

Yes, closed permanently. It has a list of other stores in the window plus YSL.com. :sad:

marbella8

O.G.
Jan 27, 2009
Wow! That is sad, especially for all the employees.
Does that mean our beloved YSL brand is not selling so well?
If not, then so much for the idea we read about on here a little while back to stop putting items on sale as much, going the route of LV, etc.?

Mar 10, 2007
USA
There were really only a few stores on that list - I was surprised how few, like maybe 6 in the whole US.

I'm sure the stupid sales tax had something to do with it here, at least. Right now it's the highest in the nation and shopping on Oak and Michigan Ave is hurting.

nymifashion

Oct 31, 2009
New York City
Not surprised Chicago was the next to go, luxury retail sales in Chicago are horrible right now. Not as bad as San Francisco which is so bad stores might as well close their doors but it's in the top 3.

Mar 10, 2007
USA
What's the other city (#2)?

I stopped in Hermes to get a scarf ring and the place was buzzing!!! Strange...