"Crepey" Eyes and all things AGING!

mdlcal28

O.G.
Feb 1, 2008
2010!!!!

I don't know if all of a sudden its dawned on me that I will be 50 this year or if I finally saw what I didnt like in the mirror, but, DAMMIT, I look like SCH*TT!!

I got Botox a month ago and I am sold on it! The forehead wrinkles were doing ALOT to show my age, along with all the stress I have in my life - and I have ALOT of stress!

I FINALLY started using facial sunscreens and moisturizers after 35+ years of oily skin like some one slathered a pork chop across my face! So thats starting to help.

I still cant force myself to use lipstick/gloss, but I will occasionally put some Rosebud Salve on.

My mother gave me eyeshadow on my 40th birthday and I was like " mom, you KNOW I dont wear that stuff"! She said 'THATS THE POINT"...Well10 years later, I was in Saks earlier this year and the Dior SA caught me...I havent used liquid eyeliner since the seventies, and now not only do I use it, but I use shadows too....AND it makes my face LOOK younger!

I traverse between my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer/powders in the winter to my Bare Escentuals powders in the summer.

So one place I still am not satisfied with is these CREPEY eyelids. I cant think of a better way to describe them. I use the eyeshadow brush and when I sweep it across my lid, my lid GOES WITH IT!

HELP! Suggestions! I know there is an over 50 thread, but I figured I could get help here too!

With shadows you want to be carefull. If you have crepey lids, first thing I would suggest is a great eye cream. Use it on the lid as well. I find on mature clients I use cream shadows . They go on smoother and dont look chalky. Dont use any frosty shades above or in the crease . and keep the shimmer really low. I would look for a cream shadow in a peachy tone to brighten and open your eyes. Also a good brow and a nice eye line work wonders. You want the lid skin to be tight. If you are going to use powder shadow or cream use the eye cream on the lid, then a bit of a creamy eye primer , arch your eye brows and slightly close your eyes. This will pull your eyes tighter, so when you apply your shadow , there is no skipping and it looks smooth. GL! Let me know if you want any more tips.

Thanks! I will give some creme shadow a try. I got a Dior kit with pale pinks and grey with white. But I had a sample of the coffee shades and I think it works much better. Peach? Thats a try....any particular brand of creme work better than others?

You like yourself better with warm tones. Thats ok. Coffee tones would look great with a bit of peach on the lid. You can use powder, but make sure you really prime your eyes first and do the method above. Dior makes great Shadows.

Sjunky, just wanted to let you know that I found some creme eye shadow at CVS that was beiges/browns/coffee....It is VERY hard to find cremes...I did order one in Peach from Laura Mercier and I should get it next week. Didnt want to spend alot of money until I saw whether it was going to work - it goes on soooooo smooth.
I will be in Bham next week and they have a Sephora, so hopefully I will find some more.
Thanks!