Review Creme de la Mer

Just curious, I am about to switch my skin regiment and the CDLM seemed like a good alternative for a night cream. The thing is, if it is so good, what will I use when I am in my 40s!? By that time I would probably need something even better than CDLM to help me through the aging process.

Also, I have never tried it before, how likely will the SAs provide me with a small sample?

^ LOL There is no way to avoid the aging process. There will always be a better cream coming out on the market. Worry about it then, right? If you are really "that bad" in your 40s, perhaps you may want to consider in-office cosmetic procedures.

If you find a really nice SA, she may provide you with a small sample, you probably have a 50/50 chance. Don't bother with ebay, most of it, even samples, are fake.

I love the creme and the eye concentrate, but I wait to buy when NM or SAKS is having a GWP so that I can get the travel items. The serum is wonderful and usually comes in the travel freebies.

i wish i hadnt have bought this either .... i had a really dry under eye problem this winter so i bought the cream (knowing it would be too heavy for my face) just for the under eye area ... as it turns out the Bobbi Brown eye cream is a zillion times better at hydration so my La Mer just sits there ... such a waste!

I LOOVED CDLM for a year. It made my t-zone oilies disappear. My skin was so clear and even toned. And then my skin became addicted to the cream. I had to slather it on several times a day because my skin had stopped producing its own natural oils (I assume). Once I stopped, it took about a week of using a regular moisturizer for my skin to regain its natural moisture.

I bought CDLM used it for 1 month but have made the area around the eyes dry!! In the point that was having dry eyes!! Didn't like it at all, other areas was Ok but not anything special!! I bought Kae cream and serum and now my face is feeling very, very moisturized!! Won't bother to buy another La Mer product!!

I'm using CDLM on and off since 2003. During summer my skin is normal and I need a very high spf so I use other products lighter in texture(Kanebo and Avene). For the rest of the year when my skin gets a lot drier CDLM is fab. Keeps my face soft and radiant, never had a break out. It just needs a tiny bit on the fingers warm it up so it will become softer and apply. I think it takes less than 1/3 of the amount of a normal creme for my face, so the high price is justified.
Although my face is dry it is not very sensitive, so I never had a bad reaction. BTW I 'm not against mineral oil, as it doesn't clog my pores.

I understand that a person with pores and oily skin would be very dissatisfied with CDLM. This is a product for dry skin.

^^^Me as well. I've read other ladies in some of the threads saying how much they detest La Mer, but I have to say that I am a forever fan...I've been using the cream since I was 24, and I have never experienced any issue whatsoever...and I have somewhat sensitive skin. I love it...