Review Creme de la Mer

I bought this cream a few years back.
The logic goes that a rich cream would be a good fit in a cold dry winter.
Unfortunately it was too greasy for my then younger skin.
Just could not resist its Christmas gift set offer, I decide to give it another try.
Hope this time would work.

I find that the creme de la mer works best for me when I just put a tiny amount on my palm and rub my palms together to liquify it and then press gently all over my face. It absorbs quite quickly this way and is not at all greasy. Hope it'll work for you this time pkahong!

This sounds weird, but I got given it last year and I only use it on my forehead and my chin. I found on my cheeks it made me look like I had just rubbed oil all over them even after washing it all off. It makes my forehead look pretty and I used to have super dry bits on my chin so I use it then. I still have 3/4 a jar left. :girlsigh:

I find that the creme de la mer works best for me when I just put a tiny amount on my palm and rub my palms together to liquify it and then press gently all over my face. It absorbs quite quickly this way and is not at all greasy. Hope it'll work for you this time pkahong!

If you mix it between two fingers it works well.. the lighter the

application, the better it is.. this cream can be heavy

I'm not buying into any $100+ moisturizer that uses mineral oil as a main ingredient...

Okay... I never thought I would contradict myself on this, but I got a sample of it recently and thought what the heck, the sample is probably worth like $30 so I'll try it out. I did a lot of research on mineral oil and there is a lot of hype surrounding it, and it does not clog pores, and won't harm your skin. You have to be careful of sources who claim it does clog pores. Some people might react to any ingredients, but it doesn't mean that one thing will work for everyone the same. Mineral oil is one of the ingredients that is least likely to cause skin reactions.

Anyway, I tried the sample that I got for a few weeks and no break outs, no bad reactions. I see that some people react with breakouts, but it could be due to changing a product, or skin purging somehow, allergy to particular ingredient, etc. If it's not an allergic reaction, it is suggested to continue using it for several weeks so your skin gets used to it as with any new product.

My skin has reacted very positively to La Mer. I only used a tiny amount (I have a feeling people just slather it on and feel greasy, but if you warm it up to liquify it a bit, and only a small amount the size of a pea, then it is not greasy). My skin actually looks very clear and even since I've been using it and I've only noticed improvements. I will finish the sample and if this continues, then I would likely purchase the product. I never thought I would say that LOL. I really do like it so far. And this sample is lasting me a very long time for such a tiny amount. Just wanted to update you because I wasn't convinced until I tried it and researched it myself.

Oh CDLM is my favourite.. it was the only thing to save my skin. Agreed it took one mth for my skin to settle with it as I'd been through alot of different skin care regimes.. I'm in my 20's and don't agree CDLM is aged based. Huge difference in skin clarity... love it :love:

If anyone here is a runner who runs in the winter, Creme de la mer will save your face from becoming too dry. I know other girls on my XC team use Vasaline, and remove it later on, but that never works for my dry face. CDLM saved my face in so many meets..