Creme de La Mer Users..which one??

Nov 14, 2006
.....Do you prefer the original Creme de La Mer moisturizing cream? or the moisturizing Gel cream? please post your opinions.

I have been using the Creme De La Mer moisturizing creme, and wanted to know, how you ladies like the gel version?. :smile:
TIA:smile:

i believe it was very lightweight but i dont think i noticed as much of diffrence with or with out it on

the original i love for just basically erasing any wrinkles & preventing any from forming
i have oily skin so i dont get that dry to begin with but still i'd never want to be without my la mer (original)

KDB- Thanks, I was a bit hesitant about the moisturizing lotion as I have combination skin, but find the original cream a bit heavy on my T-Zone , in your opinion- is the lotion a very light texture?
TIA:smile:

I am also very interested to know... I too have combination skin with occasional oil clots (looks like acne). I ever e-mailed the La Mer website, describing my combination skin condition and asking re the Moisturizing Gel Creme. This is their reply:

Thank you for taking the time to email us at La Mer Online. I'm happy to recommend the best products for your skin.

The most important goal is to balance your skin. Skin is affected by the daily influences of weather, stress, pollution and diet as well as hormonal changes. These influences change the balance of your skin and upset its stability. La Mer CREME DE LA MER is unlike any other moisturizer in that it acts to counteract this imbalance and bring your skin back to its center -- a state of balance. For skin that tends to break out this means a smoother more flawless complexion and less frequent breakouts. It is an all-in-one day and night facial, throat and eye moisturizing treatment that will provide your skin with the "energies" it needs to adapt to its immediate situation and become more balanced and looking and feeling its healthiest. With regular use of Crhme de la Mer, your combination skin will be softer and smoother with a more even texture. Dry areas will experience comfortable hydration and oilier areas will be less oily as the appearance of pores is minimized.

If you prefer the feel of a lotion, the original Creme de la Mer is also available in La Mer THE OIL ABSORBING LOTION recommended for normal to oily and oily skin types. It is oil-free and leaves behind a soft matte finish that inhibits oily breakthrough. Many of our breakout prone customers like the feel of the Oil Absorbing Lotion under their makeup and the original Creme de la Mer at night. Or you may find you prefer the lotion for both day and night. Another option is to use the lotion formulation exclusively during the warmer summer months.

Keep in mind that we do recommend that those with severe, persistent or chronic acne consult with their physician before trying any new products on their skin.

Another key product is La Mer THE REFINING FACIAL. It will instantly smooth and boost your skin's radiance. Dead skin cells that can clog pores are washed away. Skin pigmentation is more even and fine surface lines diminished. Diamond powder provides a new crystal abrasion technique called diamond microdermabrasion. This physical exfoliant very gently sloughs off superficial, dull skin to reveal a fresh new surface. It is ideal if you are sensitive to chemical exfoliants such as Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHAs) or Beta Hydroxy Acids (BHAs).

[FONT=&quot]I hope this information is helpful! Once your skin reaches a state of balance, let's talk again and we can recommend additional products to address other skin care concerns. [/FONT]

I have combo skin and i use the gel, i couldnt imagine putting that heavy creme on my skin, to much IMO but i can see how it would really benefit someone with drier skin.

I have combination skin with occasional breakouts. I use the original creme at night because some parts of my skin is flaky. The creme really corrected the problem and I couldn't live without it especially in the winter. I use the lotion during the day so my makeup would stay fresh and last longer.

I like the gel to pat over my foundation to give me a dewy look. I mostly use Natura bisse but I reach for the original LM cream when I have big-time problems, ie: allergies this week rubbed my nose dry. LM was a life-saver.