CREED - What's yours?

^^ Well, sort of...

I'm a huge fragrance fan (it used to be my number 1 vice before handbags) and as I understand the story....

Creed is an extremely old house and they had a US distributor named Laurice something or another. Anyway, she was the sole distributor of Creed fragrances for the US and had the Madison Ave. boutique complete with the fragrance sniff bar and the old car outside. The website at the time was www.creedfragrances.com. If you go there now - you will see Creed fragrances 50% off. She and Creed had a huge fall out and she cheapened the name, if you will, by selling everything wholesale both at the shop and on eBay (user name also creedfragrances).

To continue, Laurice then started her new line - Bond No. 9 - not affliated with the original House of Creed although she obviously was once affliated.

If you want to see the REAL creed line - go to http://www.creedfragrances.co.uk/site/

As for my favorite Creeds....I :heart: Jasmin Imperatrice Eugenie and Tubereuse Indiana!! Both Spectacular.

I have a little gripe against Bond No. 9 due to the whole fall put (although I don't claim to know the whole story....just hate it when the old fragrance houses are cheapened....KWIM) but I can't pass up a good fragrance when I smell it. My favs of that line are Chinatown and Nuits de Noho.
Fragrances and purses... I have so many!

The Bond no. 9 line are hugely popular as niche fragrances, aren't they? IMO, nothing from Bond comes close to Chinatown.

Laurice Rahme, isn't the nose... for instance, she used Aurelien Guichard to create Chinatown and perfumer David Apel to create Bleecker Street. Rahme also used to work for Annick Goutal and Lancome.

I didn't realize that there was some messiness going on, behind the scenes. I haven't cared much for most of the Bonds, but I find that story very interesting! :yes:

ETA - Just to keep this on topic, has anyone tried Creed's new Virgin Island Water? It's not for me since it is a musky crispy citrusy scent, but I'm curious as to other peoples opinions.

I got my Silver Mountain Water delivery today (thanks, NM.com!) Wow it is heavenly!! OK, I'm wearing Fracas today so I can't put any on but tomorrow....oh boy.

thanks, Swanky and everyone for your raves!!

Oh I hope you really do like it! It's sort of unisex but really so lovely IMO!

thanks for the schooling frenchi, love to learn a little history about my favorite things!

Oh - and for a bit more trivia...:P

The House of Creed will custom make a fragrance just for you (for a HUGE amount of money)....it's yours exclusively for a certain number of years and then after that they can choose to market it.

JASMIN IMPERATRICE EUGENIE was made for the Empress Eugenia

ANGELIQUE ENCENS was made for Marlene Dietrich

GREEN IRISH TWEED was made for Cary Grant

FLEURISSIMO was made for Princess Grace Kelly on her wedding day

i've been wearing spring flowers for a few years now and get tons of compliments. spring flowers was made for Audrey Hepburn. :yes:

"Fleurissimo" is the only one I ever liked - always have a bottle on my dresser - It's the one that was created for Grace Kelly. I'm fickle with fragrance though, Everyday I pick a different one.

ETA - Just to keep this on topic, has anyone tried Creed's new Virgin Island Water? It's not for me since it is a musky crispy citrusy scent, but I'm curious as to other peoples opinions.

I'm hooked on VIW! It wears really well on me. I purchased it based on reviews at MUA and just yesterday I was shopping for other Creed frangrances.

My only problem is that I don't reach for any of my other fragrances, and I have a lot of them.

I have exactly the same as Juneplum. Spring Flowers, Love in White and Virgin Island Water. The VIW is unbelievable - it smells just like summer. I am a floral top note, musky bottom note lover. I may be out in left field here, but to me, the VIW smells almost like Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. Thinking of layering some of that lotion with the VIW. It really is a unique scent. Everytime I wear it I am constantly sniffing myself. LOL

I use to work in a perfume store and always pushed Creed.
They are the oldest perfumer in the world, that still adhere to the traditional method of perfume making.
The ingredients are picked only at certain times of the year, and each bottle is meticulously made.
It was originally for royalty, but now we can all enjoy it.

I'm in love with Spring Flowers
I love imperial and silver mountain water
it is absolutely amazing how these perfumes are
also unisex and draw each person's body chemistry changes these perfumes/colognes.

It's so worth the money!

Where can you find this Creed? I take it that they don't sell it at fine department stores like Belk's or Dillard's. It there a website where you can order. It seems to me that this perfume is hard to come by eventhough it is expensive. Like $100 a bottle.