Credit card fail+shame=my first Chanel!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jul 4, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2009
    Warning, this is going to be long :P

Recently I got my first 'real' job and I promised myself to buy my first Chanel with my first paycheck. To be honest, one paycheck doesn’t cover everything but whatever ;)

Last Saturday was THE day, I went to Antwerp in Belgium to get my bag!
    I arrived at Chanel, asked for the bag and the sales lady said she had it, but only with silver hardware.. I just bought a gorgeous red McQ coat with gold buttons so I needed gold hw lol :P
    The lady told me there was a 6month waiting list so I Walked out empty handed and a bit bummed out.
    I decided to call the Amsterdam store and they had one, could put it aside for me but they were closed on Sunday and I had to work for the rest of the week Bummer!
    So I called yesterday and they still had one, yay! So today I woke up early and took the train to Amsterdam!
    Went to the store, was doubting about the size but got it anyway.
    And here is where the drama starts..

My credit card was declined! So I called the bank (they font call you, you have to call them! The lady at Chanel told me that foreign banks call their clients right away, our banks in Holland won’t do that) because I recently changes my bank account and upgraded my cc limit.
    Turns out, they did not upgrade me!! They could not do it over the phone and i didn’t have enough money in my spending account because I put all of it on my savings account...
    OMG I was so ashamed! I told the Chanel lady I would call my BF to transfer money to my account, but I forgot..he has a different bank so the money won’t be on my account the same day!

I decided to go to a bank, and on my way over I called my bank again to ask if they could transfer money from my savings account to my spendings..
    Oops, I forgot that I could do that myself with phone banking lol! Good thing the bank lady mentioned it! I only use phone banking to check my money! So I transferred money and almost ran back to Chanel! Lol, I could pay for my baby!!
    So after I paid, I walked out and the alarm went off! They said it wasn’t me so I went to LV across the street and then go back to the trains. I walked by Chanel again and the security man called me, telling me that I might still have a security tag on my bag! Lol! So they checked my bag again but it was good :P and Then I went home, first had a burger at burger king because I needed some comfort food after all that drama ;)

If you are ever in Amsterdam go to Chanel! The sales people were so nice and patient with me!
    I am so happy with the service, I thanked them like a 1000 times :P

Here is my baby!!! O and I think I’m addicted already..I need a matching wallet!
    On the way home in the train
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Right before I took this picture I found out the camellia flower was missing! So I retraced my steps (is that how you say it? :P ) and found it outside by the door! I’m such a nerd!

2. Hahaha.. iteresting story, lol.
    But i can not see your photos sad:
    Im assuming its classic flap? Is it?

3. [​IMG]
    Pretty box! Love the bows!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Something is peeking out! What could it be?!
    [​IMG]
    Black jumbo!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Congratulations, Suzanne.

5. all is well, that ends well... sooo meant to be!!!

ooh, but i can't seem to view yer pics :huh:

6. #6 Jul 4, 2009
    I'm glad u were able to buy ur baby! Congrats!

7. #7 Jul 4, 2009
    [​IMG]

I’m sorry I don’t have any modeling pics, it is so hot outside!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!

8. Thanks!

argh something went wrong with the pics, can you guys see them now?

9. OMG its soooo beautiful...a wanned to buy that one las week in Copenhagen but there wasnt any in teh store...Now im looking for the way to get it :drool:
    Can I ask you for the price? Around 2000 E?
    Enjoy it girl!

10. We see the photos :smile:

11. Congrats! It's beautiful.

12. Your 1st Chanel...Congrats! Glad everything worked out! :happydance:

13. #13 Jul 4, 2009
    It was 1870, they also had the maxi but only with silver hardware
    that one was 1970

i had the last jumbo ghw in amsterdam, and in antwerp they had a 6 month waiting list! crazy! good luck finding your jumbo finnfan!!! hope you'll get one soon, it is soooo pretty!

14. i see her now! congraaats! can't tire of seeing a classic! best chanel ever!

15. And I tought the money is the only problem! Is crazy hard to find it! Thanks Suzanne Vuitton!