Hotels without guests.
Landmarks without tourists.
Subways without riders.

Medics without masks.
Employees without jobs.
Experts without answers.

Funerals without mourners.

Virus without a vaccine.

This is fantastic! You could be the next T. S. Eliot, who happens to be my favourite poet!

Thank you! :flowers: I appreciate the kind compliment, and extremely flattering comparison! :blush: TS Eliot isn't my favorite (Shel Silverstein) but he's in my top 5. So glad you liked the poem.

Okay, I just read some of Shel Silverstein’s, on HarperCollins.com and I enjoyed him! I read a few of his poems and the one I enjoyed the most was called Frozen Dream. They remind me... somewhat... of T. S. Eliot’s - Old Possum’s Book Of Practical Cats. Although I love all of T. S. Eliot’s work, that particular book happens to be my favourite at the very advanced age of 48. I’m just a big kid, I reckon! I have a very battered copy on one of my bookshelves, and I frequently pick it up to enjoy ‘Skimbleshanks: The Railway Cat, Bustopher Jones, Macavity: The Mystery Cat and the like. It brings back great childhood memories of sitting on my dad’s lap, whilst he read it aloud to me and my sister.

Reactions: JenJBS
Great job on the poems jenjbs I love Shel. In fact now I know what books to post with my last purse pic in my showcase, thanks!

My “creative expression” has been this forum. I was reading way too many news articles before I stumbled back across this site. It has definitely helped relieve some of my anxieties. I did also teach one of my daughters how to crochet, spitballed ideas for projects with my son, and rearranging things in our home to make it the coziest place possible has helped too.

I am thinking about having my husband haul my sewing machine out of the basement to try my hand at mask making. I’ve already bought quite a few, but there are six of us so :shrugs:

Great job on the poems jenjbs I love Shel. In fact now I know what books to post with my last purse pic in my showcase, thanks!

My “creative expression” has been this forum. I was reading way too many news articles before I stumbled back across this site. It has definitely helped relieve some of my anxieties. I did also teach one of my daughters how to crochet, spitballed ideas for projects with my son, and rearranging things in our home to make it the coziest place possible has helped too.

I am thinking about having my husband haul my sewing machine out of the basement to try my hand at mask making. I’ve already bought quite a few, but there are six of us so :shrugs:

Thank you! :flowers: I'm glad you like the poems. Good to meet another Shel fan! :hugs: This forum is great for creative expression. It's helped my photography a lot. It's also been a wonderful way to connect with other people during this time of isolation - which has helped my depression not be worse. Glad it helped your anxieties. :hugs:Sounds like you've been busy! I also love interior design, so if you wanted to post picks of your rearranged and more cozy home... And interior design is a form of creative expression... I think we'd all like ideas for how to makes our homes more cozy with how much time we have been, and will be, spending in them.

I don't tend to look at Bag Showcases, as they tend to make me want too many bags that I cannot afford... But will definitely have to check yours out, as you mention books. I'm also a book lover - and extremely curious what books this thread might have inspired you to pick.

Reactions: MaseratiMomma
Thank you! :flowers: I'm glad you like the poems. Good to meet another Shel fan! :hugs: This forum is great for creative expression. It's helped my photography a lot. It's also been a wonderful way to connect with other people during this time of isolation - which has helped my depression not be worse. Glad it helped your anxieties. :hugs:Sounds like you've been busy! I also love interior design, so if you wanted to post picks of your rearranged and more cozy home... And interior design is a form of creative expression... I think we'd all like ideas for how to makes our homes more cozy with how much time we have been, and will be, spending in them.

I don't tend to look at Bag Showcases, as they tend to make me want too many bags that I cannot afford... But will definitely have to check yours out, as you mention books. I'm also a book lover - and extremely curious what books this thread might have inspired you to pick.

I pictured Shel’s Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, & A Light in the Attic :happydance:

Half of my home is a disaster because we have delved into a very deep cleaning! But there are certain rooms that are organized, I just can’t sit and relax if I see a mess nearby :lol: My style is a bit eclectic, I forget the specific name, I looked it up once but.... I like modern with clean lines, but I also love antique pieces, throw in some color or whimsy and voilà! As for changes I’ve made, I kicked the kitchen table to the back porch and moved the fancy dining table into breakfast nook so that we now use the nice table and chairs all the time. Then I turned the formal dining area into the game room so that my kids would quit disappearing into the basement.

Another reader :dothewave:
I’ve been into biographies lately, what are you reading?

I’m glad you have also found something that helps you. I’m not completely sure how this forum works, but please feel free to reach out to me anytime!!! :hugs: