Creative Expression in response to Covid

I pictured Shel’s Where the Sidewalk Ends, Falling Up, & A Light in the Attic :happydance:

Half of my home is a disaster because we have delved into a very deep cleaning! But there are certain rooms that are organized, I just can’t sit and relax if I see a mess nearby :lol: My style is a bit eclectic, I forget the specific name, I looked it up once but.... I like modern with clean lines, but I also love antique pieces, throw in some color or whimsy and voilà! As for changes I’ve made, I kicked the kitchen table to the back porch and moved the fancy dining table into breakfast nook so that we now use the nice table and chairs all the time. Then I turned the formal dining area into the game room so that my kids would quit disappearing into the basement.

Another reader :dothewave:
I’ve been into biographies lately, what are you reading?

I’m glad you have also found something that helps you. I’m not completely sure how this forum works, but please feel free to reach out to me anytime!!! :hugs:

I've always found it ironic that doing a deep cleaning gets the house to messy...

That sounds like a lovely decorating style. Have you thought of creating your own name for your decorating style? I like your idea of using the nice tables and chairs all the time. Smart to use nice things all the time, so they can be enjoyed. And the nicer things are often high quality, so they can stand up to the wear and tear of daily use. Smart way to keep your kids up with the family.

Any biographies you'd recommend? It's a memoir, not a bio, but I really enjoyed Gen. James Mattis 'Call Sign Chaos'. Of course, being a Marine I am prejudiced... (Off active duty for many years, but once a Marine, always a Marine.) Lately I've been re-reading my favorite style and interior design books. Leigh Bardugo is my favorite author, followed by David Eddings.

I've always found it ironic that doing a deep cleaning gets the house to messy...

That sounds like a lovely decorating style. Have you thought of creating your own name for your decorating style? I like your idea of using the nice tables and chairs all the time. Smart to use nice things all the time, so they can be enjoyed. And the nicer things are often high quality, so they can stand up to the wear and tear of daily use. Smart way to keep your kids up with the family.

Any biographies you'd recommend? It's a memoir, not a bio, but I really enjoyed Gen. James Mattis 'Call Sign Chaos'. Of course, being a Marine I am prejudiced... (Off active duty for many years, but once a Marine, always a Marine.) Lately I've been re-reading my favorite style and interior design books. Leigh Bardugo is my favorite author, followed by David Eddings.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

I was surprised by Sally Field’s book, enjoyed Amy Poehler & Tina Fey, also loved Chrissy Metz & Lauren Graham. I’ll have to look up the authors you mentioned! I’ve only read less than half the books I posted pictures of, so I still have plenty of reading material right now. I’m reading less right now because this forum is distracting :smile:

Reactions: JenJBS
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!!

I was surprised by Sally Field’s book, enjoyed Amy Poehler & Tina Fey, also loved Chrissy Metz & Lauren Graham. I’ll have to look up the authors you mentioned! I’ve only read less than half the books I posted pictures of, so I still have plenty of reading material right now. I’m reading less right now because this forum is distracting :smile:

I will look up those books. Thanks! Yes, TPF is a delightful distraction. :yes:

Thanks. It was an honor to serve.

Reactions: MaseratiMomma