Creasing on brand new Chanel lambskin flap

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all well :smile: I recently purchased a black lambskin Chanel mini flap from the Chanel boutique. When I got home I noticed there's a crease line on the back of the flap with the bag closed (I have attached some photos). Normally, the crease line would appear when you open the bag but in this case the bag is closed and the line can still be seen.

I do understand creases would develop over time with use but is it normal for a brand new bag to have crease lines? For those ladies/gents that have lambskin flaps (new or used), do you see a crease line when the bag is closed?

Thanks so much in advance for your help :smile:

View attachment 3447001
View attachment 3447002

I want to share pics of my navy lamb that I got early last year. When I first got her, I used her for a solid month and now just mostly on weekends since I need a bigger bag for the work week.

I don't doubt creases will start to appear, but not on brand new bags.ImageUploadedByPurseForum1472088524.999278.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1472088536.764467.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1472088547.480955.jpg

I have the black lambskin mini with light gold hardware and I do not have the creases as depicted in your photo when it is closed. When I open the bag, I do see some slight creasing though. I am actually surprised to see the creasing on a new bag and would expect it on an older lambskin bag. Can you exchange it for another one?

I just sold off my lambskin flap and don't recall seeing that crease on it. i have some light scratches and some rub marks but not like that though. Mine is the east west flap that got discontinued. However lambskin is so beautiful, lush and super light compared to caviar so you may want still want to consider lambskin and if it's any consolation, the creasing is on the back so it won't look obvious.

Hello everyone!
I hope you are all well :smile: I recently purchased a black lambskin Chanel mini flap from the Chanel boutique. When I got home I noticed there's a crease line on the back of the flap with the bag closed (I have attached some photos). Normally, the crease line would appear when you open the bag but in this case the bag is closed and the line can still be seen.

I do understand creases would develop over time with use but is it normal for a brand new bag to have crease lines? For those ladies/gents that have lambskin flaps (new or used), do you see a crease line when the bag is closed?

Thanks so much in advance for your help :smile:

View attachment 3447001
View attachment 3447002
I had a Maxi Caviar flap do the same thing!!! I returned it... so happy I did..

I bought a brand new doubleflap in lambskin from a Chanel store and it had the same crease line at the same place on one side behind the flap when I first got it. The SA said it was totally normal because of the double flap. As I started using the bag, very carefully, meaning that i never bend the flap too much when i open it, the same crease line has started to develop on the other side, even though it is very faint and less pronounced. I am thinking of using a leather conditioner to erase the wrinkles, but the SA at Chanel asked me specifically to never ever use anything on the leather. So now I just think it is a natural aging process with use and just try to enjoy the bag :heart::smile:!

5AC15FD5-07A2-4A00-8F53-64902ECE7947.jpeg I know this is an older thread but has anyone ever gotten creases in the front of their lambskin flap? My mini is about 6 months old rarely used and already is badly wrinkled :-sany suggestions on what I can do ?:confused1:

For those of you who have had lambskin bags for a while - when do you see the bag structure/leather softening? Thinking of buying a 16 series or 18 series flap from a reseller.

View attachment 3965532 I know this is an older thread but has anyone ever gotten creases in the front of their lambskin flap? My mini is about 6 months old rarely used and already is badly wrinkled :-sany suggestions on what I can do ?:confused1:
Did you keep it ? Get any advice ? I just bought this bag today and it has major creasing next to the lock.

Attachments

• 7E1F9041-6C83-4B07-891C-0F9F59C46388.jpeg
    7E1F9041-6C83-4B07-891C-0F9F59C46388.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 275
Reactions: Strep2031
I had the same crease line on my brand new trendy cc! I hate it but I kept it because I felt like it would happen over time and all the other trendy’s I look at had some issue or the other. I would try to exchange yours if you can find a better one.

I think recent lambskin (I.e. in the last few months) has been very susceptible to creasing for some reason. The leather on my Trendy purchased a couple of months ago appears to be like this. I have a lambskin wallet ( a couple of years old) and have had lambskin flaps in the past but none of them creased. For some reason, the lambskin has changed. An SA actually told me that the lambskin on my Trendy was from a sheep rather than a young lamb which accounts for the difference in the leather. I don’t know if this is true or not.

Reactions: PurseCloset