Creases / dents at the bottom of new Reissue 227

sherryberry52

Apr 15, 2009
Hi guys, I posted this in the chit chat thread, but now my account is cleared for new thread creation!

I received a new Reissue 227 for Christmas, but the bottom on the sides are creased / dented pretty badly. I know the Reissues are folded flat and are supposed to have creases, but doesn't this not look right? This was purchased straight from a Chanel boutique on the 15th.

IMG-20161225-WA0007.jpg IMG-20161225-WA0008.jpg IMG-20161225-WA0009.jpg

I am kind of turned of by this, I can't believe the SA would sell this item in this condition (to my unsuspecting boyfriend who, bless his heart, doesn't know what to check for and just purchased it). My receipt says no refunds, but what are the chances I could possibly request one? This is from the boutique in Toronto.

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Hi guys, I posted this in the chit chat thread, but now my account is cleared for new thread creation!

I received a new Reissue 227 for Christmas, but the bottom on the sides are creased / dented pretty badly. I know the Reissues are folded flat and are supposed to have creases, but doesn't this not look right? This was purchased straight from a Chanel boutique on the 15th.

View attachment 3557083 View attachment 3557084 View attachment 3557085

I am kind of turned of by this, I can't believe the SA would sell this item in this condition (to my unsuspecting boyfriend who, bless his heart, doesn't know what to check for and just purchased it). My receipt says no refunds, but what are the chances I could possibly request one? This is from the boutique in Toronto.

Any opinion would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
Reissues can be folded. That said, I'm used to buying reissue where it's already "unfolded" and shaped after stuffing so I can inspect that there are no permanent deep crease that would bug me. I think the part that is a bit much for me personally is the "dent" in the 2nd photo which look like it was not exactly folded along the fold line the way it normally would have been. I am not from Canada and perhaps others can chime in from that country, but is it normal for Chanel boutique to not allow return/refund within certain # of days, especially if in this situation?

Perhaps you can try stuffing it with the stuffing papers for a few hours real nicely and see if it reshape itself a bit?

Otherwise perhaps go back and request for an exchange nicely. shouldn't be too difficult to locate a classic reissue 227 for an equal exchange and insist to check the new one in store with it not folded...

Perhaps if you go back quick enough before the post holiday return/exchange craze they'd be more patience with you? :smile: good luck!!!

Exactly, I am not concerned with the creases / lines, I know that is just the characteristic of the bag, but the dent is the part that bothers me. I tried putting pressure on it and it doesn't look like it's doing anything. But I mean it's such an expensive bag, it should be flawless in my opinion. I am kind of disappointed with Chanel quality lately to be honest.

In addition to the dents, the clasp at the front is also crooked, but it's hard to capture in pictures.

Here are some close ups of the dents.

Right
IMG-20161225-WA0013.jpg
Left
IMG-20161225-WA0012.jpg

Exactly, I am not concerned with the creases / lines, I know that is just the characteristic of the bag, but the dent is the part that bothers me. I tried putting pressure on it and it doesn't look like it's doing anything. But I mean it's such an expensive bag, it should be flawless in my opinion. I am kind of disappointed with Chanel quality lately to be honest.

In addition to the dents, the clasp at the front is also crooked, but it's hard to capture in pictures.

Right
View attachment 3557110
Left
View attachment 3557111
I don't think this has to do with chanel quality per se from manufacturing perspective, but more on how carelessly the bag was folded and stored at the Chanel boutique you purchased from that led to this issue. You should bring the bag back to the store and speak to the store manager/director to nicely explain the issue to them, and that you cannot accept the way this brand new bag came to you with the dent due to the way it was stored/folded. Tell them that you would simply want the boutique to take the opportunity to do the right thing please and provide an equal exchange to you for a bag that you can view and replace with. Just be nice and patient to explain to them that they would not want the same thing to happen to themselves either especially for a meaningful gift from a loved one that you would like to treasure given the value of this item as well. give them a chance to do the right thing first and see what happens. :smile: good luck

Reactions: Kendie26
Just a little update, I took the bag back to the boutique where it was purchased from and got it exchanged. The two ladies there were trying to tell me that's how the bag is supposed to look. But I showed them a display one how it's not the case.

View attachment 3558385

It looks way better! Thanks for everyone's replies and showing that I wasn't crazy!
so happy for you!!!! NICE!

Reactions: sherryberry52

Right
View attachment 3557110
Left
View attachment 3557111

Bring it in for an exchange. Apparently any location will do. - sorry typed this before your update!