Crease in caviar GST

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
HOLA! I just bought my very first GST: white with silver hardware! It's from the 13C collection. My Q for you all is whether you have had experience with the creasing that is shown in the picture and if you have any advice for getting rid of it. My guess is they had it standing up at the store and this happened over time. TIA!!

Attachments

MsLVinDC

Jul 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Congrats on a great bag! The GST has been known to crease towards the bottom even when being carried just due to the material and the fact that it's usually placed down on the bottom.

avril1

Sep 6, 2012
I don't think there's a way to get rid of it.

But you could avoid further creasing by stuffing the bottom of the bag so it doesn't crease there, using a bag shaper, or a bag organizer when carrying your bag around.

BirkinLover77

Apr 30, 2014
New York City
HOLA! I just bought my very first GST: white with silver hardware! It's from the 13C collection. My Q for you all is whether you have had experience with the creasing that is shown in the picture and if you have any advice for getting rid of it. My guess is they had it standing up at the store and this happened over time. TIA!!
Congrats on your GST!!!!

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
AWESOME thanks guys!!!! I am so excited about it! And it makes me feel better that this is the sort of thing that happens over time-- you've been so helpful and moreover comforting!

peach_pie

Jan 18, 2014
AWESOME thanks guys!!!! I am so excited about it! And it makes me feel better that this is the sort of thing that happens over time-- you've been so helpful and moreover comforting!
It happens on all my caviar totes regardless of style. If it really bothers you, you can stuff the tote with paper (very tight) then hang the tote by the handles (do not store on its base). This will help reshape the bag and remove the crease, but it will come back when you set it on its base over time again.

Olgita

Olgita
May 31, 2013
New York
I don't think there's a way to get rid of it.

But you could avoid further creasing by stuffing the bottom of the bag so it doesn't crease there, using a bag shaper, or a bag organizer when carrying your bag around.

Hola! I agree with the above quote. By the Way, awesome color combo for summer! :graucho:

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
Hola! I agree with the above quote. By the Way, awesome color combo for summer! :graucho:
Cool cool!!! The stuffing and hanging is a great idea! Right now, I have it stuffed and laying on its side... Thought that would at least take the pressure off for now-- thanks so much for your comments and input!!!

emjetz

May 25, 2011
I've learnt to stuff the bag with plastic bags and lay on its back when not using the bag..it works!!!

Vaninnocent

May 30, 2012
Chicago, IL
I've learnt to stuff the bag with plastic bags and lay on its back when not using the bag..it works!!!
Thanks for the congrats, everyone!!! I should have done a more exciting reveal! Stuffing with bags is another great idea!! I'm just gonna try all of this stuff but mostly, enjoy the bag! You've all been so helpful!

South Beach

Jun 20, 2012
amour sacs à main
Beautiful GST. I store mine side down - storing in standing position exacerbates the creasing from the chain weight. Also placing weighty objects or a lot of anything in the side interior pockets also increases wrinkling .

HTH