Creaky postmans lock?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So I've had my Bays for nearly a month now, and I've started to notice that the lock creaks when I turn it. There seems to be a bit of resistance when I turn it, as well.

Now, I'm not even sure how the lock works! Is it a spring? If so, I wonder if it's something I've done. When I think about it, I do think I only turn it in the one direction - clockwise to open, clockwise to close - do perhaps I've wound it up too much? I've tried turning it anticlockwise a few time to see if that makes a difference, but it still creaks.

Anyone had this experience?

2. hello watchthestars, well I just tried the lock on my bayswater and yes indeed mine is a little squeaky too. I'm not sure if I had ever noticed that before though. And yes, there is some resistance but it feels like a good thing. There is a sort of catch thing on the lock if you look closely, presumably to stop it just sliding round?

I always turn clockwise to open and anti-clockwise to shut ... but again, until you mentioned it I didn't realise that I did that!

3. well not exactly a catch, more like a little tiny indentation?

4. I never used the lock! It's like a decoration

5. Just tried my locks (I have 2 on bags & 1 on a wallet) and they all sound a little creaky. I never thought about it before, but I guess it must be normal. I turn my lock both ways, btw, but it has the same sound when I turn one way only. I don't think you have to worry, think about it as the signature sound of a mulberry postmans lock!