Crazy Question

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I was just wondering, does anybody have a Birkin and Kelly in the same color and leather. Not considering black. I know they are two completely different styles But side by side in the same color and leather maybe would be to much. I would one day like to have one in chocolate or maybe both. What do you ladies think?:girlsigh:

2. There are no rules in collecting what you love! Perhaps varying the leather might be nice, though. Chocolate is my favorite! You could get a dressier chocolate box Kelly and a choco. Birkin in something like Togo or chevre?

3. Thanks Greentea All your choices sound divine:yes:

4. Yes, one particular leather/color I have in 3 styles, I felt...well I love it as kelly, so get the birkin! I did this with oranges, blues, purples, and reds.

5. WOW! Avandome, I'm just afraid I would use one more than the other. Sounds like your have a fab collection.:flowers:

6. Thanks, I think Kou is planning on getting all sorts of styles in the same leather too! I do switch my bags often so that none of them get too worn out.

7. Yup yup~ I wanna get them all in fuchsia ostrich, and then I'll get another identical set as back-up, and for my utmost favorite Hermes bag, I'll get 3 of the same thing so I'll have one that I use, one that is a back-up, and one that is the back-up of the back-up~

I sounded like "Monk"...

8. Hi Toonie, I second Greentea! It's nice to vary the leather if you like a particular color a lot...as long as the color looks good in the leather choices. I have a cognac Birkin in chevre & cognac Evelyne in epsom, the leather variation is an interesting touch.

IMHO, Chocolate looks very good on box calf, chevre, Togo/Clemence. The only one I didn't like is Chocolate on epsom...it has a washed, dull look, which is not very appealing visually.

9. You are So Funny Ko!;)

10. Thank you Gigi, What other leathers have some shine besides box? My kelly in Lachee v is kind of matte. My next purchase I hope Will have some shine to it.Does clemence? Thanks:flowers:

11. Anytime, Toonie! Clemence is matte. Besides box, another leather that has beautiful sheen/shine is chevre...& of course, the creme de la creme.... glazed croc!:tender:

12. I think my new black Kelly is Lachee v...I'm confused. The SA told me it's Togo (I have a Trim in Togo), but this one is smaller grain and matte.

13. Chevre, toonie will have a soft "shine". I have two black bags. One is black Chamonix on the Bolide and the other is black Box on the HAC. I would love to have a black Chevre de Coromandel in a Kelly. Each the same color but distinctly different...the Chevre with a little shine to it, Chamonix is a matte finish and Box is...well wonderful Box!

14. it sounds fine... your notion doesn't sound silly at all... seriously!:flowers:

15. yes i sdid (tkae into ccount the different shades of one colour on different skins) for example a blue jean in epsom is pale blue while on togo it is sky blue and on clemence it is even more darker. so go for it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice