Crazy long lines at Vuitton today!

Phillyfan

O.G.
Nov 25, 2007
Wow - all day at KOP mall (outside philly) there remained the longest line of people waiting to get in! It was about the length of 5 or 6 storefronts just to enter Vuitton. I witnessed it myself when I arrived at 5PM and left mall at 8PM. But friends and family saw it too , much earlier when the mall opened and also all afternoon. And there were lots of teens, college students and very young people. I guess huge audience is attracted to Vuitton . Has this always been the case or is it new? Makes me lose some interest and not want to keep purchasing what everyone else has. Thoughts? Long lines in your towns too?

I was at the kop mall too. If you looked inside the store there weren't many people actually in there, if that makes you feel any better. Not sure why they made people wait in line.

Wow - all day at KOP mall (outside philly) there remained the longest line of people waiting to get in! It was about the length of 5 or 6 storefronts just to enter Vuitton. I witnessed it myself when I arrived at 5PM and left mall at 8PM. But friends and family saw it too , much earlier when the mall opened and also all afternoon. And there were lots of teens, college students and very young people. I guess huge audience is attracted to Vuitton . Has this always been the case or is it new? Makes me lose some interest and not want to keep purchasing what everyone else has. Thoughts? Long lines in your towns too?
Who cares. I buy the stuff because I like it for what it is, not what it means.

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue

Well I shop at LV stores in New York City and yes they can and do get busy especially around the holidays but I never thought to stop purchasing LV because of it. I'm not sure why you feel that way? Is it because young people wearing LV is a turn off to you or do you feel it's not as exclusive as you thought? I'm not trying to pick, I'm just generally courious.

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
That's my closest store since I live in downtown Philly, and I have rarely seen more than 5 other shoppers in the store since it moved upstairs to the new location. I typically go during the week because KOP on the weekends is a nightmare zoo on even a non-holiday weekend, so I know best to avoid it immediately following a major holiday. Today is the biggest day in retail for returns, so that may have accounted for some of the congestion. Gosh, there is sometimes a line to get in to Trader Joe's in the city, because of fire codes and because the staff can't manage shoplifting if there are too many people inside at once. And if they take that precaution at a cheap grocery store, I assume Vuitton would do the same!

If I go back, I'll pay more attention to see exactly what is going on! Maybe a lot of people are looking to spend Christmas money! I do believe a very high % of people in that mall ( myself included) were carrying Vuitton tonight!

If I go back, I'll pay more attention to see exactly what is going on! Maybe a lot of people are looking to spend Christmas money! I do believe a very high % of people in that mall ( myself included) were carrying Vuitton tonight!
I wanted to add that if you are looking for a more exclusive feel maybe stick to limited pieces/more rare pieces. This is why I like my two LE NF's because they are different from the sea of Neverfulls I see out and about.

Same thing happened at my mall in Toronto, which from the outside it looks like there is a huge sale going on LOL. I think this is a good thing though because LV will continue to be popular for years to come, and I don't have to worry about losing a lot of what I paid for if I decide to sell bags in the future.

Reactions: NurseAnn